Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

spilled a few drops of Black Oud on myself this morning, so I guess you could say I'm wearing that today.

2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

TDC Rose Poivree as well.

If I had to pick one rose as my favorite, it would be this one.

3. cairomerta

cairomerta Senior member

Creed Windsor

[​IMG]

I remember this discussion over at basenotes. me and Dullah had a competition to see who had more flacons of Windsor. I ended up getting 5 but I sold 2 away and already used one. I actually have bottle #2/70 so I dont intend to open it but I absolutely love Windsor. One thing that pissed me off a bit was the fact that only 70 were made and now they are going to release another 100-150 bottles or so. So much for limited edition. I wish they would do that with Feuille Verte!! [​IMG]

4. willpower

willpower Senior member

I like Windsor a lot. The base is really beautiful. A tad too polite of a scent, but it's nice nonetheless.

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I'm surprised by that. Voleur de Roses is among my least favorite roses. To me, it's in a kind of no-man's land: it's not a bright, lively rose, but neither is it dark in a compelling way, like Dark Rose or Noir de Noir. It's just blah. I'm wearing Une Rose (Frederic Malle) today, which is among my couple of favorite roses.
    I suppose I'm the opposite in that the extremely strong rose scents range on me from unwashed crotch to lying in a bed of dead flowers. Dark Rose I found to be way too fleeting. Noir de Noir was nice if nothing spectacular. Never got any rose on that one. I'd heard good things about Malle's Une Rose but it was far too feminine on me.
    TDC Rose Poivree as well.
    ^^Definitely unwashed crotch Finally tried out Mugler Cologne. Remember when we were talking about how scents evoke colors? This one definitely screams "light green". I don't think its anything special though.

6. willpower

willpower Senior member

Finally tried out Mugler Cologne. Remember when we were talking about how scents evoke colors? This one definitely screams "light green". I don't think its anything special though.

No need to try Creed Original Vetiver, then.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

No need to try Creed Original Vetiver, then.
    Already been down that road. As is the same with every other Creed, Dullah's super duper specials aside, its pretty mediocre IMO.

8. boo

boo Senior member

Trying out a new Jack Black scent that is about to be released, but didn't get the name from the Nordstroms SA. Smells exactly like Terre dHermes, perhaps with a touch of lemon. Speaking of Nordstroms, if anyone is on the Pure Malt re-release watch, it's now listed on their website.

9. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Since you guys are all rose-happy, I pulled my decant of DSH Dirty Rose, which I've had for years but neglected since I thought it was, you know, a Rose scent. Not really. It's pretty brawny for a rose scent: patchouli, woody-leather, with some rose overlaying it all.

10. cairomerta

cairomerta Senior member

I am wearing the newly released Montale Black Musk. It comes in a black bottle and think of this scent as Black Aoud Light. It is literally Black Aoud with Musk to Musk (Two of my favorites) with some Smokey elements. Really really beautiful. The Perfume Court has samples of this and any montale lovers of black Aoud and any of his musk scents should definitely try this.

11. DULLAH

DULLAH Active Member

^Gotta test that.
    Today for me is a good cheapie...Bogart Pour Homme

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Since you guys are all rose-happy, I pulled my decant of DSH Dirty Rose, which I've had for years but neglected since I thought it was, you know, a Rose scent. Not really. It's pretty brawny for a rose scent: patchouli, woody-leather, with some rose overlaying it all.
    What's DSH?
    I am wearing the newly released Montale Black Musk. It comes in a black bottle and think of this scent as Black Aoud Light. It is literally Black Aoud with Musk to Musk (Two of my favorites) with some Smokey elements. Really really beautiful. The Perfume Court has samples of this and any montale lovers of black Aoud and any of his musk scents should definitely try this.
    How heavy would you rate the musk scent in this?

13. nlakind

nlakind Senior member

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

What's DSH?

(...)

Dawn Spencer Hurwitz. Normally I distrust the small nichey-types, but she seems to know what she's doing.

15. cairomerta

cairomerta Senior member

What's DSH?

How heavy would you rate the musk scent in this?

I wouldn't consider this heavy at all. If you know black aoud, consider this 50% of it's power. I call it black aloud light. It's literally 50-50 blend of black aoud and musk to musk. Really nice.