Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. DULLAH

DULLAH Active Member

Waddup Cairomerta!!!
    [​IMG]

two days ago I made a decant of Tobacco Vanilla and dropped about 1ml in my wardrobe over some shirts and the carpet. It's still going strong...
    I saturate my favorite pair of wool gloves with Nieman's Tobacco vanille tester every november...lasts til march...*yes el cheapo 1/2immoral frugality*

2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Voleur de Roses today.

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Voleur de Roses today.
    Still my favorite rose. Rose 31 is steadily gaining ground though.

4. willpower

willpower Senior member

5. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

First cool snap of the season and I reached to Anvers2, to finally wear it for the first time.

That said, I considered DSH Dirty Rose and will likely reach for it another day.

6. boo

boo Senior member

Defile NY yesterday, DC 1913 today.

I finally tried out my vintage Antaeus last night. The herbal opening on vintage seems to be a tad less sharper compared to current (or is that just due to the age of the juice?) and seemed to have a slight dirty/animalic character to it. Also, the beeswax in vintage seems to emerge much earlier. Unfortunately I didn't get to compare drydowns because I fell asleep.

7. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Voleur de Roses today.

Still my favorite rose. .

Same here. Though Aoud Queen Roses is also hard to beat. If only I got better longevity from the L'aP, or if it were in a parfum or EdP concentration, I'd be in heaven.

8. DULLAH

DULLAH Active Member

9. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Creed Windsor

[​IMG]

Just out of curiosity, will your next picture feature 8 flacons or will we finally get to see the elusive leather-lined Creed-embossed 55-gallon drum?

(Actually, I really ought not talk)

10. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Still my favorite rose. Rose 31 is steadily gaining ground though.

Same here.

I'm surprised by that. Voleur de Roses is among my least favorite roses. To me, it's in a kind of no-man's land: it's not a bright, lively rose, but neither is it dark in a compelling way, like Dark Rose or Noir de Noir. It's just blah.

I'm wearing Une Rose (Frederic Malle) today, which is among my couple of favorite roses.

11. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

forgive my n00bness, but there are actual scents of roses that are geared for men? I need to hop on ebay and get said samples, if possible.

12. rach2jlc

I'm surprised by that. Voleur de Roses is among my least favorite roses. To me, it's in a kind of no-man's land: it's not a bright, lively rose, but neither is it dark in a compelling way, like Dark Rose or Noir de Noir. It's just blah. I'm wearing Une Rose (Frederic Malle) today, which is among my couple of favorite roses.
    I dunno... VdR is just one of those that really hit with my nose. Though, I've not had a bottle in perhaps 2 years, so perhaps sniffing it now I would enjoy it as much as I did when I went through my bottle. Haven't tried Une Rose by Malle. Had one of the travel sprays of Lipstick Rose, but that one was not something I'd really put on a list of Rose scents. It sort of smelled like plastic candy. [​IMG]

13. boo

boo Senior member

forgive my n00bness, but there are actual scents of roses that are geared for men? I need to hop on ebay and get said samples, if possible.

The two I'm familiar with are Domenico Caraceni 1913 and Montale Black Aoud, but of which I strongly recommend trying. I haven't tried any of the others discussed in the past few posts so I have no idea how they compare. Also, Creed Windsor has a strong following and is supposed to include rose (haven't tried that yet either). If you have an extra $600 laying around, maybe you can make an offer for one of Dullah's flacons [​IMG]

14. rach2jlc

The two I'm familiar with are Domenico Caraceni 1913 and Montale Black Aoud, but of which I strongly recommend trying. I haven't tried any of the others discussed in the past few posts so I have no idea how they compare. Also, Creed Windsor has a strong following and is supposed to include rose (haven't tried that yet either). If you have an extra $600 laying around, maybe you can make an offer for one of Dullah's flacons [​IMG]

TDC Rose Poivree as well.

15. DULLAH

DULLAH Active Member

Domenico Caraceni 1913 and Montale Black Aoud are both high quality rose, but both a little too much like AMouage Lyric men, for me to like. I prefer these myself:

1. Creed Windsor
    2. Czech & Speake no. 88
    3. Penhaligon's Castile (orange blossom & rose)
    4. Costes
    5. Le Labo Rose 31

Washington Tremlett black tie is also a good one.
    And Tauer's une Rose Chypree a strange yet pleasing one.