• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
two days ago I made a decant of Tobacco Vanilla and dropped about 1ml in my wardrobe over some shirts and the carpet. It's still going strong...

Today, I'm afraid to even say, "Mambo Men" (finishing a sample off)

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Allure Homme Blanche - just a spritz from the fragrance counter at the dept store. Not crazy about it. Not bad, but just too common smelling for a purchase.

cairomerta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DULLAH
Generally the limited edition/private collection scents they make are so high in quality, as to not really be a risk. Scent of Oger is no exception. The only risk would be if it's not your particular style, but as soon as I heard Italian Citrus, crisp Greenery, and "Oger Potpourri", I knew I couldn't pass it up, and that stylistically I would like it, as I'm a citrus/green nut. Wearing it again today, quite heavily. I might smell too spicy to my coworkers, but I'm in analytic mode, as I'm just getting to learn it.
smile.gif

Whats up Dullah!! I didnt know you were on this board. Nice to see you. I dont post as much here as on basenotes but this is a great forum!

DULLAH

Reaction score
Waddup Cairomerta!!!
internet-high-five.jpg

Originally Posted by Master-Classter
two days ago I made a decant of Tobacco Vanilla and dropped about 1ml in my wardrobe over some shirts and the carpet. It's still going strong...
I saturate my favorite pair of wool gloves with Nieman's Tobacco vanille tester every november...lasts til march...*yes el cheapo 1/2immoral frugality*

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Voleur de Roses today.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
First cool snap of the season and I reached to Anvers2, to finally wear it for the first time.

That said, I considered DSH Dirty Rose and will likely reach for it another day.

boo

Reaction score
Defile NY yesterday, DC 1913 today.

I finally tried out my vintage Antaeus last night. The herbal opening on vintage seems to be a tad less sharper compared to current (or is that just due to the age of the juice?) and seemed to have a slight dirty/animalic character to it. Also, the beeswax in vintage seems to emerge much earlier. Unfortunately I didn't get to compare drydowns because I fell asleep.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
Voleur de Roses today.

Originally Posted by Rambo
Still my favorite rose. .

Same here. Though Aoud Queen Roses is also hard to beat. If only I got better longevity from the L'aP, or if it were in a parfum or EdP concentration, I'd be in heaven.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DULLAH
Creed Windsor

11hzeaw.jpg

Just out of curiosity, will your next picture feature 8 flacons or will we finally get to see the elusive leather-lined Creed-embossed 55-gallon drum?

(Actually, I really ought not talk)

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Still my favorite rose. Rose 31 is steadily gaining ground though.

Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Same here.

I'm surprised by that. Voleur de Roses is among my least favorite roses. To me, it's in a kind of no-man's land: it's not a bright, lively rose, but neither is it dark in a compelling way, like Dark Rose or Noir de Noir. It's just blah.

I'm wearing Une Rose (Frederic Malle) today, which is among my couple of favorite roses.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
forgive my n00bness, but there are actual scents of roses that are geared for men? I need to hop on ebay and get said samples, if possible.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads