Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Secretions Magnifiques today.

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Black and Tea for Two can easily share shelf space with little overlap.
    +1. I have them both.
    Secretions Magnifiques today.
    Every time I see this I think of Peter North

3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Every time I see this I think of Peter North

[​IMG]

4. kulata

kulata Senior member

today, L'Artisan Tea for Two... I like it, one of the few L'Artisan's I'd probably buy a bottle of...

then again, I have Bvlgari Black and Hermessense Ambre Narguile, so is it redundant?

Not redundant per say. I'd say to hold off if you have Gucci II but its ok to share the shelf with Bvlgari Black and T42.

Wearing Serge Lutens Chergui today

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Tried out Creed Aventus last night. Jesus that was awful. Sort of a pineapple and turpentine smell.

6. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Today, YSL Live Jazz, plus a little drop of L'Artisan Al Oud just to sample.

7. willpower

willpower Senior member

DP Colonia Intensa

8. boo

boo Senior member

Riverside Drive for the weekend. I can't wait to try the new Cooper Square, though with their crackdown on decant sales, I'm unlikely to buy a bottle unless I'm really wowed by it.

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Today, YSL Live Jazz, plus a little drop of L'Artisan Al Oud just to sample.
    How'd you like the Al'Oud? I haven't gotten around to my sample yet.
    ADP Colonia Intensa
    What do you think of this one?
    Riverside Drive for the weekend. I can't wait to try the new Cooper Square, though with their crackdown on decant sales, I'm unlikely to buy a bottle unless I'm really wowed by it.
    Since when are they cracking down on decants? Decided to give Chanel Platinum Egoiste another try today. Not bad but nothing special. Sort of smells like a classed up version of Live Jazz which isn't necessarily a good thing.

10. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

ADP Colonia Intensa
    every time I use a bit of my sample of that I like the stuff. It's just plain good, but I don't know if I really need a bottle. It has gotten compliments 2/3 times though, which is better than anything else... hmmm, maybe i'll put it on the list afterall.

How'd you like the Al'Oud? I haven't gotten around to my sample yet.
    I just got a sample of this while visiting a store. I put on a few dabs. I'm not really that familiar with the whole world of ouds, and my only previous experience was with Montale's Black Out which I just loved and bought a bottle of. So not much means to compare it to. I think it was quite nice but I need a full wearing to really judge this stuff. I find many L'Artisan's smell good off a stick or a dab but after a full wearing they're generally somewhat disappointing. I'll let you know once I do a full wearing later in the winter.

11. willpower

willpower Senior member

I like Colonia Intensa. Of the line, I find it the most interesting and the longest lasting. It's darker - a cedar, orange rind, and leathery mix that's easy to wear and is very suited to the cooler days ahead. While it doesn't smell like Rose 31, it shares the same dry character.

If you don't want a full bottle, you can buy the 2x15ml travel set and trade or sell the extra bottle.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I just got a sample of this while visiting a store. I put on a few dabs. I'm not really that familiar with the whole world of ouds, and my only previous experience was with Montale's Black Out which I just loved and bought a bottle of. So not much means to compare it to. I think it was quite nice but I need a full wearing to really judge this stuff. I find many L'Artisan's smell good off a stick or a dab but after a full wearing they're generally somewhat disappointing. I'll let you know once I do a full wearing later in the winter.
    I'll look forward to it. The Ouds just don't do well in this blistering heat so I haven't even bothered with mine yet. Montale's Black Oud made me smell like a french whore sitting on top of a bag of mulch. The red kind, not the brown.
    I like Colonia Intensa. Of the line, I find it the most interesting and the longest lasting. It's darker - a cedar, orange rind, and leathery mix that's easy to wear and is very suited to the cooler days ahead. While it doesn't smell like Rose 31, it shares the same dry character. If you don't want a full bottle, you can buy the 2x15ml travel set and trade or sell the extra bottle.
    Hmm. Never really thought of them as being similar but I suppose I can see it. MC - if you want to split the travel set let me know.

13. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Anybody have a Montale Aoud they aren't liking or want to send my way? I've used all of mine and am missing them, but don't want one enough to buy a full bottle. If so, send me a PM. Decant, sample, partial, anything is okay... and something priced reasonably (haha). [​IMG] Thanks! p.s. SOTD is JHL.

14. Superfluous Man

Superfluous Man Senior member

15. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Hey everyone, I have a 98% full 75ml bottle of Issey Miyake L'eau D'issey that I'd like to sell. Looking for $20.
    Perhaps it is my fault for mentioning above that I wanted to buy some Aoud, but this isn't the thread to list your sales items. There is a sales forum for that, and it is best listed there. http://www.styleforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=28 If this becomes a "hey, buy my bottle" it will become a mess and virtually unusable. My SOTD is Eau de Lalique; have to teach a seminar this morning and don't want to frighten the new students too badly.