Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Yeah, I've been avoiding trying Bleu, if only for the impending disappointment.

Although, I have to say that wide-release Chanels are not at all similar to Exclusifs.

Toda: Kiehls Musk

2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Continuing with the ELdO samples, I'm wearing Vraie Blonde today.

3. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, from the sample box. I think this might be one of Thomas' with the rubbed off labels. All but one or two of the labels are decipherable with some effort. I think one of the vials emptied completely in the baggy, thus mostly erasing the marker.

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

^^ sounds right. I sent pretty well all the TF vials I had. Pretty annoying that the markings came off, though.

Today - Kiehl's Original Musk, again.

5. Jacob_G

Jacob_G Senior member

I normally use:
    creed silver mountain water
    tom ford extreme
    chanel antheus
    l'instant de guerlain
    kiton red

6. L'Incandescent

I normally use:
    kiton red

I like this too; I'm surprised it doesn't get more appreciation. It's youthful and vibrant, but it's still classic. Have you tried Kiton Napoli?

I'm giving the Delicious Closet Queen another try today. (The fragrance, I mean.) I'm liking it better, but still not a big fan.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Back at the mall again today and saw a few new releases: Zegna Forte, Bvlgari Man, and Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenzia.

Tried on the AdP Colonia Essnezia. Very weird scent to my nose. Sort of like regular Colonia mixed with baby powder on my right arm and bug spray on my left.

8. willpower

willpower Senior member

Back at the mall again today and saw a few new releases: Zegna Forte, Bvlgari Man, and Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenzia.

Tried on the AdP Colonia Essnezia. Very weird scent to my nose. Sort of like regular Colonia mixed with baby powder on my right arm and bug spray on my left.

That's a bummer. I like the original, Intensa, and somewhat less the Absolut

9. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

YSL Opium (the original 'women's" one). Really a wonderful classic. A little heavy and sweet, but quite a unique experience if you've never tried it, and miles more complex, deep, and interesting than the men's Opium (which itself isn't bad.)

10. Scooba

Scooba Senior member

L'Eau D'Issey by Issey Miyake

11. L'Incandescent

I'm wearing Purple Patchouli, the world's only indisputably great fragrance. Okay, I know that's excessive; I just got a new supply after having run out, so I'm very happy. This one's been discontinued, so it's going to get harder to find.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

That's a bummer. I like the original, Intensa, and somewhat less the Absolut
    The original's always been too fleeting for me to really enjoy. The Intensa is quite nice but I've never cared for the Absolut for some reason. I think this might hold up a bit better when the weather turns to the 70's or below here. Its just not made for 90 degree heat. Trying out the Bvlgari Man today. Very very light. In fact I can't really smell it at all. I get sort of an unscented moisturizer scent. Could be my unscented moisturizer.

13. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Kiehl's Musk - again - as I try to pull my thoughts together on this one.

14. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Kiehl's Musk - again - as I try to pull my thoughts together on this one.

Try layering it with something. I'm trying to think what might be a good one to try... something ambery maybe?

I'd love to try a hefty rose scent with it, or you could do something with Cumin to try and get some MKK foulness.

It seemed a little flat to me, or very close, and while it was neat on its own, it might help with something added.

OOH, sandalwood! What sandalwood heavy scents do you have? That could be a neat layering...

15. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Try layering it with something. I'm trying to think what might be a good one to try... something ambery maybe?

I'd love to try a hefty rose scent with it, or you could do something with Cumin to try and get some MKK foulness.

It seemed a little flat to me, or very close, and while it was neat on its own, it might help with something added.

OOH, sandalwood! What sandalwood heavy scents do you have? That could be a neat layering...

Amber absolute would be overkill, IMHO. Ambre fetiche...never liked it. And I think I got rid of the rest of the Ambers, owing to the short winters here. Although Chanel PM might play well with this.

I still have some Kingdom, though...rose + cumin should get me kicked out of the office. That said, I also have a decant of DSH Dirty Rose, which is alledgedly more 'dirty' than 'rose'. Still haven't tried that one yet. =(

Sandalwood: I have very little native sandalwood scents. A tiny decant of Egoiste...although the Kiehl's might lend it some much-needed interest.