1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

2. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

my usual acqua di parma mandorlo di sicilia today. had to scrub real hard to get the lingering scent of SM last night. im sorry , but i think im going to be giving those two samples away.

3. L'Incandescent

my usual acqua di parma mandorlo di sicilia today. had to scrub real hard to get the lingering scent of SM last night. im sorry , but i think im going to be giving those two samples away.

Sorry for recommending SM to you! I have to say, though, it's been a lot of fun to chart your reaction from "hmm, not so bad" to "oh, I'm kinda not liking this" to "this is revolting and is ruining my appetite."

4. sho'nuff

no way man!!, i totally appreciate your recommendations . keep them coming and i want to try them too. it was worth fulfilling my curiosity. i dont take the negative reaction i have to the parfum as actually a 'negative' if you know what i mean. just a taste of the broad spectrum out there on fragrances. but yeah, i cant handle that fragrance anymore.

5. Lupo

Lupo Well-Known Member

Bought some samples from theperfumedcourt...
    Yves Saint Laurent Body Kouros
    Chanel Pour Monsieur EDT
    Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche EDT
    Chanel Egoiste

6. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Well-Known Member

Sho'nuff, How much do you have left? Maybe we should do a round robin so others on SOTD can try SM. You send it to me and I try a dab, I send it to the next person, etc. Just trying to keep it interesting here!

7. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

PM me! Just so I can tell Cupcake that I've followed his lead once again!

8. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Today: another day of Wearing What I've Not Worn in Ages: John Varvatos.

9. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member

today, PdN Baladin - meh, it's okay, just not that interesting and lacks projection or longevity.

L'Incandescent - how did you find the projection and longevity of the Ungaro III? I was disapointed. actually I don't even understand the reviews 'cause I didn't really get a 'gothic rose' scent there... Cannabis rose however I find goes strong for 14-16 hours or more and projects like crazy. Strong stuff that.

10. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

today, PdN Baladin - meh, it's okay, just not that interesting and lacks projection or longevity.

L'Incandescent - how did you find the projection and longevity of the Ungaro III? I was disapointed. actually I don't even understand the reviews 'cause I didn't really get a 'gothic rose' scent there... Cannabis rose however I find goes strong for 14-16 hours or more and projects like crazy. Strong stuff that.

Funny enough I bought Baladin blind and never grew to like it. It's like a weak version of Aramis / Azuree.

11. Dane

Dane Well-Known Member

S-Perfume Anonyme.

12. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member

were those glass roll-on's in the swap box yours Thomas?

13. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

were those glass roll-on's in the swap box yours Thomas?

Nope. I added only sprays.

14. MyTailorIsRich

15. sho'nuff

uh sorry guys. im going to keep the samples for now and see what i can do to trade or just hold them perhaps i ll give them another try down the road some day.

16. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

^^ not unusual to come back around on a scent that didn't work out the first time. Happened to me a number of times.

Although, if a scent makes me queasy, that's it. It ain't going to not make me queasy in the future.

Today - old school: Azzaro Pour Homme. Aromatic fougere, which is to say: lavender, vanilla, rosemary, anise. Kind of stuck in the 70's but happy all the same.

17. MyTailorIsRich

Aqua di Gio today. Going barrel tasting in Napa Valley this weekend with friends.

18. L'Incandescent

PM me! Just so I can tell Cupcake that I've followed his lead once again!

It's good to be me. At this point it cannot be denied.

You know, I actually thought the Ungaro III had pretty impressive projection and longevity. I could still smell it after about 10 hours. It's hard to make a judgment after one wearing, but I think I'm going to like it quite a bit. It is different from what I'd been led to expect by the reviews, though.

The Cannabis Rose has extremely strong longevity and projection. I actually overapplied a little bit, not realizing how strong it was. I think I'm going to like that one a lot too.

Yesterday: GIT
    Today: Secretions Magnifiques

19. coco2010

coco2010 Well-Known Member

Enjoyed "Uomo" by Lorenzo Villoresi today. Great stuff.

20. gwolf

gwolf Well-Known Member