Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. kulata

kulata Senior member

hmmm. My thought is that it's flammable which may prove troublesome. Flammables have to be shipped ground, so I doubt they'd let a full bottle fly. I'd probably go with a decant of 10 ml or less: enough for a trip, but not so much that you'd be upset if it were confiscated.

To be safe I fly with 1.7oz and nobody has disturbed me thus far

I've been forced to throw away bottles that were labeled 4 ounces and that were less than half full, so I don't know if I'd trust a TSA employee to act sensibly!

From my experience they won't allow a 4.2oz bottle even if you only have 1oz juice inside. Don't ask me how that makes any sense[​IMG]

2. jgold47

jgold47 Senior member

To be safe I fly with 1.7oz and nobody has disturbed me thus far

From my experience they won't allow a 4.2oz bottle even if you only have 1oz juice inside. Don't ask me how that makes any sense[​IMG]

If you look at the wording, its about container size, not amount of product. And I fly almost weekly, and in the last year, I have had to 'show' my bag once. I currently fly with a 4oz container on hair stuff, that no one has hassled me about. That said, I wouldn't push it with an expensive cologne, etc...

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

For some reason...probably the weather, probably being tired, probably being in a hurry, maybe all of the above...YSL Live Jazz, yet again. For some reason I'm going safe and light this summer. Or it could just be that the bottle is in the closet which means I don't have to traverse the bedroom to get to the stores of Vetiver, et al.

4. kulata

kulata Senior member

For some reason...probably the weather, probably being tired, probably being in a hurry, maybe all of the above...YSL Live Jazz, yet again. For some reason I'm going safe and light this summer. Or it could just be that the bottle is in the closet which means I don't have to traverse the bedroom to get to the stores of Vetiver, et al.

+1

5. boo

boo Senior member

MFK APOM Pour Homme today. I had traded the bottle, keeping a decant for myself, but now I regret it. I'm now finding it perfect for summer, and the orange blossom scent really blooms in the 90+ degree heat.

6. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Chanel Allure PH Sport or whatever it's called. Generically pleasant.

7. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

If anyone is looking for Creed GIT or MI take a look here. Paul is a standup guy looking for people to split a couple bottles with. Great deal at $50 for 60mL shipped! That's LESS than a dollar a milleliter.

Here's what jaba says on Basenotes:

Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Here's my share in experiece.

"GIT - never fails to garner attention. One time I was at a strip club, I was making my way to the restroom and this hot pretty faced russian stripper puts her hand on my chest and tells me how good I smelled. She asked me what I was wearing and told her what it was. She was headed towards the VIP section with some rich and douchy looking guy so i couldn't keep her long enough to have a decent conversation. About an hour later, she comes to our table with a couple girls and says "smell this guy, he smells amazing". So by this time, they're hands were all over me. They actually sat down and hung around for a while even if i didn't get a single dance from any of them. Later that evening, they asked me to go out clubbing with them. The story ends here.

MI - just as great as GIT. Hooters girls seem to love this a lot. Same response, they say i smell good. When I tell them what the perfume is, I get a blank dumb blonde like "huh!?" stare. Of course, I wouldn't expect them to know about the fragrance. Hugs seem to last longer and it illicits a touchy feely response. I let a friend of mine use this before hitting a Vegas strip club and he told me that the girls ravaged him. He immediately picked up a bottle the following day."

8. willpower

willpower Senior member

Creed Aventus - Got a prerelease sample from an SA. Very pleasant, fruity (pineapple) scent. Stays close to the skin. Definitely not a shouter. There are better Creeds.

9. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Iquitos. It was the most Spanish-sounding scent I in my wardrobe and I was going to watch Spain-Germany at a bar. Nobody told me I smelled like a girl.

10. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I'm working through a bunch of roses right now and i'm almost afraid both of those are going to win. why is the good stuff always so expensive? [​IMG]

It seems like we've been on a similar RoseQuest lately. Rose 31 has turned out to be one of my favorites, but I haven't liked Black Aoud so much. The opening is just too mediciney for my taste.
    I'm liking Frederic Malle Une Rose a lot--it's a really nice change of pace from all the dark and dirty roses. But I think that TDC Rose Poivree is still my favorite rose.

I'm wearing Creed Millesime Imperial today.

11. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

I have been playing around with my essence/extracts that I was able to find here in Nippon recently and today, oddly, after mixing together some notes that I like in isolation, the blend suddenly upon application became almost identical to YSL Jazz.

I thought I would get something more like Pamplelune with the added funk of Bigarade Concentree, but inadvertantly got YSL Jazz.

Oh well, we shall try again tomorrow.

12. willpower

willpower Senior member

I have been playing around with my essence/extracts that I was able to find here in Nippon recently and today, oddly, after mixing together some notes that I like in isolation, the blend suddenly upon application became almost identical to YSL Jazz.

I thought I would get something more like Pamplelune with the added funk of Bigarade Concentree, but inadvertantly got YSL Jazz.

Oh well, we shall try again tomorrow.

How popular are fragrances in Japan? What are the big sellers?

13. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

How popular are fragrances in Japan? What are the big sellers?

Mostly, they like boring, *fresh* type scents, like D&G Light Blue, CK One, though most people tend not to wear much of anything scent-wise.

Heavier scents, especially French ones, go over like lead balloons. Spicy scents remind them of temples where their ancestors are buried or the incense burned on the family altar, and so don`t give them pleasant associations.

To be honest, I have been pretty disappointed in the fragrances that most people wear or like here. Nevertheless, the shopping is great and you can get just about anything. It is just that if you wear it in MOST situations, it might get some really weird looks and quiet comments that you stink.

14. IronRock

IronRock Senior member

Anyone tried any of the Geo F Trumper offerings? I have just got the Wellington - I like.

15. willpower

willpower Senior member

Anyone tried any of the Geo F Trumper offerings? I have just got the Wellington - I like.

I love most of them. Good choice!