• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Un Jardin sur le Nil <-- Today. Mostly citrus (grapefruit perhaps?), with a very light hint of spice.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
After reading "The perfect scent", if I recall correctly JSLN is a green mango sort of centered frag.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
After reading "The perfect scent", if I recall correctly JSLN is a green mango sort of centered frag.

That was a great book, and the reason I bought my bottle of Sur Le Nil. The opening is an extremely sour grapefruit, but shortly thereafter the green mango comes to dominate. I agree with Krish the Fish--there's a very light hint of spice.

Sur Le Nil is the fragrance I get complimented on the most. By far--there's not even a close second.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
That was a great book, and the reason I bought my bottle of Sur Le Nil. The opening is an extremely sour grapefruit, but shortly thereafter the green mango comes to dominate. I agree with Krish the Fish--there's a very light hint of spice.

Sur Le Nil is the fragrance I get complimented on the most. By far--there's not even a close second.

I get the green mango now, after a few hours on my neck. It is a great fragrance, starts out very polarizing and dries into a great fragrance that everyone enjoys.

...However, I'm not sure if it is my favorite out of the Jardin collection.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Krish the Fish
...However, I'm not sure if it is my favorite out of the Jardin collection.
Which one(s) do you like better? Apres La Mousson? Mediterranee is my least favorite.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
Which one(s) do you like better? Apres La Mousson?

Mediterranee is my least favorite.

Yeah I enjoy wearing Mousson. Though Nil takes a close second. not too big of a fan of MÃ
00a9.png
diterranÃ
00a9.png
e.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^^ I can't remember the last time I actually finished a bottle of anything. It had to be pre-marriage.

Today...Guerlain L'Instant pour homme.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
^^^ I can't remember the last time I actually finished a bottle of anything. It had to be pre-marriage.

Do you buy the smallest available bottle as a result?

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rochas Man. I wish New Harlem didn't smell better than this. Oh well.

PITAronin

Reaction score
Felt in the mood for something oceanic today, so went with the Carthusia Uomo.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
Do you buy the smallest available bottle as a result?

ummm, sometimes. I think most of my recent buys have been tester/no-box types...which generally means the larger bottles. Sometimes, on amazon, for instance, the price difference is small enough that I just wind up getting the larger bottle, figuring I can always pass it along down the road.

That said, I also wound up getting reformulation fever...which pretty well put me in the mind-set that if I find something I like...better get a lot of it, because next time I buy that bottle, it might not smell as good. I do think that said fever is starting to break, since even some of the reformulations aren't as dire as I'd been led to believe.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dominica Bayrum and Lime.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads