Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I prefer Palisander

today, it's cold and rainy so it's Tom Ford Tobacco Vanilla to warm me up.

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

today: Aramis New West.

BTW, the current New West doesn't seem as good.

3. boo

boo Senior member

Bleecker St today, my first choice for a rainy day.

Wearing a sample of Bond No. 9 West Broadway. As much as I dislike the whole idea of Bond No.9 and their pricing, I have to say this is a good scent. Not 'buy-a-bottle-at-retail-price' good, but appealing, direct, and solid.

I'll have to try that one. I haven't gotten through most of the "unisex" scents yet.

4. scugger

scugger Senior member

I prefer Palisander
    Inspired me to re-sample Palisander last night. I get a nice peppery woodsy smelly that goes on light. Very pleasant, but does not seem to have enough attitude for me to get more than my sample vial. Today I am going to try Diptyque's Tam Dao as I work from home. EDIT: From Tam Dao, I get a buttery, unfinished woodsy smell, a little sawdust. Not sure what the fuss about for this one.

5. Dane

Dane Senior member

^^ Not much point in shopping for a decent sandalwood these days. Once upon a time Palisander was a curry-inspired take on Bois des Iles, and Tam Dao was a milky, minimalist sandalwood...now they smell of half-ass Lutens and Home Depot, respectively.

Bois des Iles is the only sandalwood still worth smelling...and it's a pale imitation of what it once was. Still nice though.

6. kulata

kulata Senior member

Wearing L'Artisan Al Oud today. I am sure the funky animalic smell caused the stares I received in the elevator today. [​IMG] T

7. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Tom Ford Extreme today.

8. Master-Classter

EDIT: From Tam Dao, I get a buttery, unfinished woodsy smell, a little sawdust. Not sure what the fuss about for this one.
    ^^ Not much point in shopping for a decent sandalwood these days. Once upon a time Palisander was a curry-inspired take on Bois des Iles, and Tam Dao was a milky, minimalist sandalwood...now they smell of half-ass Lutens and Home Depot, respectively.
    Bois des Iles is the only sandalwood still worth smelling...and it's a pale imitation of what it once was. Still nice though.

I've got a few ml of MPG Santal Noble incase anyone's interested... i believe current formulation

D, now you've made me want to go sniff out BdI even though I dont' even like sandalwood.
    PS - I'm still reeling after my first use of Sycomore. I just can't get over how great it was.

9. PITAronin

PITAronin Senior member

Spritzed on a bit of Acqua di Parma's Mandorlo di Sicilia today.

10. scugger

scugger Senior member

I've got a few ml of MPG Santal Noble incase anyone's interested... i believe current formulation

This has been on my try-list for a while. Too bad the SwapBox already went out. I really should list out my samples on your swap spreadsheet, maybe we can arrange something.

Last night: Just got a sample set from Sonoma Scent Studio in the mail. I tried Tabac Aurea. I get a moist rich slight sweet tobacco smell with no smoke. I think there is a little amber in there too. I haven't tried many tobacco-themed frags. This one is certainly interesting. Will have to sample again.

11. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Inspired by Largo's post from last week, I went with John Varvatos for a Saturday afternoon at the office.

12. boo

boo Senior member

Sampled Bond No 9 Brooklyn today. I get crushed green leaves and leather. I used to hate it based on tester applications to my arm where the crushed leaves seemed nauseatingly overconcentrated. I find it much nicer, however, when applied via an atomizer. Nice enough to want a decant.

13. Master-Classter

This has been on my try-list for a while. Too bad the SwapBox already went out.
    Just remembered I put in a 1.5ml vial, hopefully it's still there when you get the box [​IMG]

14. scugger

scugger Senior member

Just remembered I put in a 1.5ml vial, hopefully it's still there when you get the box [​IMG]
    Great, thanks a bunch MC! Today: I tried some more Sonoma Scent Studio from my sampler pack. Fireside Intense for a overcast chilly Sunday at the movies. It really does smell exactly how you would think. Smokey firewood like a campfire. Not bad for getting cozy and watching a movie.