1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Distinguished Member

I prefer Palisander

today, it's cold and rainy so it's Tom Ford Tobacco Vanilla to warm me up.

2. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

today: Aramis New West.

BTW, the current New West doesn't seem as good.

3. boo

boo Senior Member

Bleecker St today, my first choice for a rainy day.

Wearing a sample of Bond No. 9 West Broadway. As much as I dislike the whole idea of Bond No.9 and their pricing, I have to say this is a good scent. Not 'buy-a-bottle-at-retail-price' good, but appealing, direct, and solid.

I'll have to try that one. I haven't gotten through most of the "unisex" scents yet.

4. scugger

scugger Senior Member

I prefer Palisander
    Inspired me to re-sample Palisander last night. I get a nice peppery woodsy smelly that goes on light. Very pleasant, but does not seem to have enough attitude for me to get more than my sample vial. Today I am going to try Diptyque's Tam Dao as I work from home. EDIT: From Tam Dao, I get a buttery, unfinished woodsy smell, a little sawdust. Not sure what the fuss about for this one.

5. Dane

Dane Senior Member

^^ Not much point in shopping for a decent sandalwood these days. Once upon a time Palisander was a curry-inspired take on Bois des Iles, and Tam Dao was a milky, minimalist sandalwood...now they smell of half-ass Lutens and Home Depot, respectively.

Bois des Iles is the only sandalwood still worth smelling...and it's a pale imitation of what it once was. Still nice though.

6. kulata

kulata Distinguished Member

Wearing L'Artisan Al Oud today. I am sure the funky animalic smell caused the stares I received in the elevator today. [​IMG] T

7. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Stylish Dinosaur

Tom Ford Extreme today.

8. Master-Classter

EDIT: From Tam Dao, I get a buttery, unfinished woodsy smell, a little sawdust. Not sure what the fuss about for this one.
    ^^ Not much point in shopping for a decent sandalwood these days. Once upon a time Palisander was a curry-inspired take on Bois des Iles, and Tam Dao was a milky, minimalist sandalwood...now they smell of half-ass Lutens and Home Depot, respectively.
    Bois des Iles is the only sandalwood still worth smelling...and it's a pale imitation of what it once was. Still nice though.

I've got a few ml of MPG Santal Noble incase anyone's interested... i believe current formulation

D, now you've made me want to go sniff out BdI even though I dont' even like sandalwood.
    PS - I'm still reeling after my first use of Sycomore. I just can't get over how great it was.

9. PITAronin

PITAronin Senior Member

Spritzed on a bit of Acqua di Parma's Mandorlo di Sicilia today.

10. scugger

scugger Senior Member

I've got a few ml of MPG Santal Noble incase anyone's interested... i believe current formulation

This has been on my try-list for a while. Too bad the SwapBox already went out. I really should list out my samples on your swap spreadsheet, maybe we can arrange something.

Last night: Just got a sample set from Sonoma Scent Studio in the mail. I tried Tabac Aurea. I get a moist rich slight sweet tobacco smell with no smoke. I think there is a little amber in there too. I haven't tried many tobacco-themed frags. This one is certainly interesting. Will have to sample again.

11. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Stylish Dinosaur

Inspired by Largo's post from last week, I went with John Varvatos for a Saturday afternoon at the office.

12. boo

boo Senior Member

Sampled Bond No 9 Brooklyn today. I get crushed green leaves and leather. I used to hate it based on tester applications to my arm where the crushed leaves seemed nauseatingly overconcentrated. I find it much nicer, however, when applied via an atomizer. Nice enough to want a decant.

13. Master-Classter

This has been on my try-list for a while. Too bad the SwapBox already went out.
    Just remembered I put in a 1.5ml vial, hopefully it's still there when you get the box [​IMG]

14. scugger

scugger Senior Member

Just remembered I put in a 1.5ml vial, hopefully it's still there when you get the box [​IMG]
    Great, thanks a bunch MC! Today: I tried some more Sonoma Scent Studio from my sampler pack. Fireside Intense for a overcast chilly Sunday at the movies. It really does smell exactly how you would think. Smokey firewood like a campfire. Not bad for getting cozy and watching a movie.