Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Hartmann

Hartmann Senior member

New Year's Eve: Caron 3rd Man... it's become my "go-to" fragrance. A few days ago I tried Tom Ford's Champaca Absolute on my wrist. The opening was nice and smoky, but it opened up to this screaming loud floral and dried down to a very feminine iris/violet combo. Definitely one that's better suited for the girls. The inside of my jacket sleeve picked it up, so a few days later I got a whiff of it and got a frisson sensuel, it was pretty cool.

2. willpower

willpower Senior member

Creed MI. Not bad, but I'm going to pass on buying more than the 5ml decant I have.

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I havn't worn a fragrance for a few years now and I'm looking to buy something. Hoping some of you experts can point me the right way. I want something that is:

affordable - I'm semi broke.

natural - doesn't have to be completley natural but I don't want to be praying chemicals on me everyday.

light - i live in florida and a heavy scent can suck

thanks!

4. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

Asked for a bottle of Astor by Geo. F. Trumper for my birthday (along with an atomizer as the bottle doesn't have one). Love it.

5. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

New Year's Eve: Caron 3rd Man... it's become my "go-to" fragrance.

I'm wearing that a lot too this winter.

Today I'm wearing Paco Robanne PH, for that genteel 70's vibe.

6. Hartmann

Hartmann Senior member

I got a sample of Prada's Infusion d'Homme and was surprised at how "soapy" it was. Has anyone else tried it?

I don't mind "clean" fragrances like L'Eau d'Issey but this one was a bit much. Any other recommendations for something similar? I heard Gendarme smells clean, how would it compare to these two?

7. james_timothy

james_timothy Senior member

Back to Habit Rouge- it's my day and I can do what I want with it.

8. kulata

kulata Senior member

I havn't worn a fragrance for a few years now and I'm looking to buy something. Hoping some of you experts can point me the right way. I want something that is:

affordable - I'm semi broke.

natural - doesn't have to be completley natural but I don't want to be praying chemicals on me everyday.

light - i live in florida and a heavy scent can suck

thanks!

L'occitane vetyver and Baux. Both cheap and made with natural ingredients (well according to the SA but I doubt its 100% natural)

9. kulata

kulata Senior member

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I'm licking the menorah today with the very brassy Guerlain Winter Delice.

11. willpower

willpower Senior member

Le labo rose 31 today
    Me too. Can't get enough of that one.

12. willpower

willpower Senior member

I havn't worn a fragrance for a few years now and I'm looking to buy something. Hoping some of you experts can point me the right way. I want something that is: affordable - I'm semi broke. natural - doesn't have to be completley natural but I don't want to be praying chemicals on me everyday. light - i live in florida and a heavy scent can suck thanks!
    What's your definition of affordable? Trumper Portugal http://www.shoplondons.com/portugal2.html 200ml (almost 7 oz) for $52. If you like the smell of orange rinds, this is it. The ladies like this one a lot. Gendarme is $45 a bottle for 4oz. All natural, smells like clean clothes or a Bounce sheet. Then there's the overdone Acqua Di Gio. Light, affordable, but far too popular.

13. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today: Chanel Antaeus for a cold, overcast day.

14. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Today: Chanel Antaeus for a cold, overcast day.
    Vivienne Boudoir for me. Believe it or not... and T knows me and so will probably be shocked... I've managed to whittle my collection down to about TEN random bottles. Can you believe it? Anyway, I'm not going to get any new ones until I completely get rid of these ten. I will then begin to reconstruct a stable of 15 or so essentials that I think will more or less keep me set for the future. It's been a fragrance adventure for nearly ten years, trying hundreds of things, so I'm really happy finally to be getting down to exactly where and what I want. Boudoir won't be one of those essential 15, though, but I'm trying to use it up and find it a wonderful winter frag. I don't know if I can yet come up with the full 15 (it will take some thinking), but I can name about six right off hand that will for sure be on the list. I can't guarantee anybody else will like these, but these are my "personal" choices. 1. Malle Bigarade Concentree 2. Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire 3. Guerlain Jicky 4. Guerlain L'instant Pour Homme 5. L'artisan Parfumeur Voleur de rose 6. A Montale Oud (maybe Oud Black, White, or Steam) 7. ??? Still thinking about it...

15. kulata

kulata Senior member