Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Got over flu so now I can smell again, went with Opium PH EDP. So much better than the EDT.

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today - testing Andy Tauer's Incense Rose. Not quite as full or dramatic as Une Rose Chypree, but still quite good and easier to wear.

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Today - testing Andy Tauer's Incense Rose. Not quite as full or dramatic as Une Rose Chypree, but still quite good and easier to wear.
    Is Une Rose Chypree different from Malle's Une Rose?

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Is Une Rose Chypree different from Malle's Une Rose?

I've not tried Malle's Une Rose, so I can't comment. If Une Rose is a wild ride of mossy-rosy lushness, then I'd say they could be close.

5. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I just got a travel spray of Malle's French Lover/Bois d'orage. I really like it - it's got a strong "damp earth" note with some dry woods and tobacco. It's unique without being eccentric, masculine without being macho.

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I just got a travel spray of Malle's French Lover/Bois d'orage. I really like it - it's got a strong "damp earth" note with some dry woods and tobacco. It's unique without being eccentric, masculine without being macho.
    I really like this one as well. This and VE are the 2 best in the line. Where did you snag a travel size bottle?

7. Baron

I really like this one as well. This and VE are the 2 best in the line.

Where did you snag a travel size bottle?

Someone on basenotes was selling 3 10 ml bottles. She still might have one if you check there.

I agree about VE - that one is still my favorite in that line. I also like Carnal Flower and Musc Ravageur.

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Someone on basenotes was selling 3 10 ml bottles. She still might have one if you check there. I agree about VE - that one is still my favorite in that line. I also like Carnal Flower and Musc Ravageur.
    Will check, thanks. Haven't tried Carnal Flower yet but MR was a bit off the mark for me. Not bad, just not worth the Malle price tag.

9. Baron

Will check, thanks.

Haven't tried Carnal Flower yet but MR was a bit off the mark for me. Not bad, just not worth the Malle price tag.

Carnal Flower is great but you should be warned that it's about as feminine as they come. My fiance wears it, and I admire it but I don't really wear it, though I have worn once or twice. It's a big bold tuberose scent and not really a style I like for myself.

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

My fiance
    Did I miss a WAYWRN announcement?

11. Jpreme87

Jpreme87 Senior member

Has anyone tried J.Press Lime Cologne? or the St.Johns ?

12. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

^^^ the only lime I've bothered with a SCS Bay Rum with a Twist, which is quite lime-intensive. After that I figure they're little more than fleeting memories in a bottle.

Today: Caron Pour un Homme for a moderately chilly morning.

13. celticgent

celticgent Senior member

Jack Black Liquid Magnetism Signature Blue Mark

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Tried out Ormonde Jayne's Ifucksand today. After a few hours the smells mostly gone and I can't really make out any discernible notes.

15. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Today - Chanel Allure? I think. One of the most obvious things I find about lower quality frags is their lasting power. Most just die within 2-3 hours or basically have no sillage within a very short time. But even some of the supposed higher quality ones are the same. I've heard Chanel is a quality house, and yet there are very few of their colognes I'm impressed with at all. what is there? Anteaus, No 5... and? egoist/platinum? pour monsieur? seems like they have few in the lineup and most aren't that interesting IMO. Compared to Hermes, YSL, even smaller guys like D&G or Burberry, the hit rate just seems higher...
    Just picked up some D&G Light Blue and the new Gucci by Gucci.
    Seen the James Franco mock?
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
    Tried out Diptyque Philosikos again yesterday. I seem to remember liking this one more than I did. Nice subtle fig note but I lost any scent after a few hours.
    There are some other "fig" ones out there like Marc Jacobs for men, and i think an etro or ferragamo one or something, but from what I've read and smelled, if you want fig, the Diptyque one is the best. I really want to try it but I have such a small sample that I'm waiting for the right day when I can really evaluate it. Still, something i'm thinking about getting 20-30ml of for special occasions.