1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. boo

boo Senior member

Switching things up after having worn Riverside Drive for the past 10 days or so. Today Im trying out Viktor & Rolf Antidote. I get a powdery white floral with a hint of amber. Reminds me a bit of Fleur de Male, except Antidote taps you on the shoulder while FdM smashes your face with a baseball bat.

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today, Nicole Miller for Men.

3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I wore Terre d'Hermes today.

4. yfarmanara

yfarmanara Well-Known Member

I know this is a little off-thread topic, but I'm trying not to flood the first page. Anyone know a place in Seattle to get non-mainstream fragrances? Or at least a place where the salespeople are more knowledgeable than at Nordstrom.

5. willpower

willpower Senior member

I know this is a little off-thread topic, but I'm trying not to flood the first page. Anyone know a place in Seattle to get non-mainstream fragrances? Or at least a place where the salespeople are more knowledgeable than at Nordstrom.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/177413-Seattle-Wa

6. L'Incandescent

Une Rose (Malle). This is my second time sampling this. I'm liking it quite a lot. It's much higher pitched than the other roses I have, which makes it especially nice for summer.

7. sonick

sonick Senior member

First time wearing Tom Ford Oud Wood today. Don't know what to think of it. Totally different than what I've worn before (GIT, SMW, Erolfa, etc.); it was quite strong and surprising at first sniff when I first put it on, but a few hours in and I think it's mellowed out quite nicely.

I think I like it much more than Bois du Portugal, which I also got a decant of recently.

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today, for some strange reason I went for Kouros Fraicheur. It's good, I'll use up this bottle but probably not replace it. Of course, today my bottle of Aramis Tuscany arrives in the mail, which I'm even now tempted to spray on over the Kouros. Would be stinky. Very stinky.

9. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Aramis Tuscany today. It's a lot like Azzaro, except heavier on the bergamot/rosemary.

10. kulata

kulata Senior member

Wearing YSL L'homme today. I keep wearing this thing and the juice just doesn't want to run out!!! Not going to buy another bottle of any juice till I, at least, finish using one.

11. L'Incandescent

Jicky EDP. Wearing this as a treat to myself for the stressful day I have to endure!

12. boo

boo Senior member

It's Bond Central Park for the golf course today.

13. sonick

sonick Senior member

Diptyque Tam Dao. Not the biggest fan, it's very light and very sandalwoody, quite feminine.

14. L'Incandescent

I detest Rose 31, to the point that I wonder if I got a bad batch or something. I just smells like a cheap black pepper scent, and I like black pepper usually. I don't get any rose, any complexity, any depth.

I'm wearing Rose 31 again today. I get a very, very strong black pepper note, but it literally only lasts about five seconds at the beginning. After that it recedes into the background and the rose comes out for a bit. As it dries down the woods start to dominate.

15. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today, YSL Live Jazz. Awfully similar to Platinum Egoiste, but a whole lot less lucre.

16. scugger

scugger Senior member

Did Rose 31 one arm and No. 88 on the other.

Don't like the BO note in Rose 31 in the first 2 hours. Dry-down is much more pleasant to me.

No. 88 is still too barbershop-y for me.

17. PITAronin

PITAronin Senior member

Trying some of Tom Ford's Azure Lime (sample from NM) and - whie it's definitely 'summery' I'm not totally sold on it.

18. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Live Jazz in the office, and finding it versatile and easy-wearing.

19. L'Incandescent

Trying some of Tom Ford's Azure Lime (sample from NM) and - whie it's definitely 'summery' I'm not totally sold on it.

I've been curious to try this one. If it's summery, then it seems like it would be very different from everything else in the Private Blend line. If it's summery and still manages to be consistent with the rest of the line, I think that would be really exciting.

I've heard that this doesn't last long at all. Is that your experience? If so, I can't imagine paying Private Blend prices for that.

20. PITAronin

PITAronin Senior member

While Azure Lime certainly seems - to me at least - to be more characteristic of what I think of as a summer fragrance in the Tom Ford line (esp compared to the ones I'm more familiar with such as Tobacco Vanille or his version of Oud Wood) it pretty much disappeared in no time. Think I'll pass on it and keep looking for grags with a bit more longevity.