Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today: Sycomore, a light application lasted roughly 4-6 hours. Not bad, all things considered.

later in the day: Platinum Egoiste.

2. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

I'm open to suggestions... I like something along these lines (YSL Homme, Boss Bottled). Basically something light and sweet.

I'm looking for something similar!

3. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Hmm. What are you going for when you say light? Powdery, fresh, etc.. That's sort of hard to pin down.
    I don't really know myself. basically something with a little sweetness, sort of fruity or floral and a tinge of spice or wood in the base. Something typical for office-wear, much like the Boss Bottled or YSL Homme... Funny... today I sampled some of that Palisander from the box, actually I quite liked it!!! think I may pick up a larger decant soon. [​IMG]

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today: Nicole Miller for Men

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I don't really know myself. basically something with a little sweetness, sort of fruity or floral and a tinge of spice or wood in the base. Something typical for office-wear, much like the Boss Bottled or YSL Homme...
    Hmm. That's a tough combination. I can think of several with sweet and fruity/floral or sweet wit ha spice/wood but all that in one package might be tricky. You want big brand or niche? Maybe Thomas or Rach can think of something. I'll keep working on it. Today: Chanel Sycamore week continues. Much stronger and much greener than I remember. I definitely get vetiver with moss and a bit of a woodsy tree vibe. I smelled like a bag of mulch this morning.

6. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Trying Serge Lutens - Chypre Rouge. It's extremely rich and sweet, reminds me of a candleshop too.

7. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

I'm doing a "split" of Creed Millesime Imperial. Is any one interested in getting a decant of MI? It's extremely cheaper getting a portion of a split. All prices include atomizer (spray bottle), packaging and shipping. The flacon is from fragrancenet.com and the atomizers are from Accessories for Fragrances.

100mL $67
    50mL $39
    30mL $29

Please let know ASAP. The sooner we fill the split, the sooner we can get the fragrance.

8. Brewers17

Brewers17 Member

I checked out Saks and hooked up with a very willing fragrance helper (what the hell do you call those folks... stewardess/flight attendant.. ha) Anyway, My top three were Creed Silver Mountain Water, Chez bond and Versace Pour Homme. These are the opposite of exclusive so If you guys got any suggestions that I would like similar to those clean and fresh scents I would greatly appreciate it. The more the better.

9. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

^^^^ I think they like to be called Sales Associates...
    if you like Chez Bond, try Creed Green Irish Tweed...

basically, all three are "sweet aquatics", ask around for those.

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today: Nicole Miller for Men - again.

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I checked out Saks and hooked up with a very willing fragrance helper (what the hell do you call those folks... stewardess/flight attendant.. ha) Anyway, My top three were Creed Silver Mountain Water, Chez bond and Versace Pour Homme. These are the opposite of exclusive so If you guys got any suggestions that I would like similar to those clean and fresh scents I would greatly appreciate it. The more the better.

Actually, SMW and Bond are fairly spendy in my book and somewhat exclusive in that you won't find them everywhere. SMW is quite nice IMHO.

You might give Lacoste Challenge a go: it's pretty new, at your local Sephora, pretty clean and easy-wearing. OR seek out something like CdG Palisander or Sequoia.

The thing is: once you start going more nichey...you get more weridness. Sometimes it's good, other times not so much.

12. BDC2823

BDC2823 Senior member

Today I decided to go with Rochas Man.

13. Mr. Macaque

Mr. Macaque Senior member

terre d'hermes two days in a row! it's the first non-feminine, non-unisex frag i have ever worn consistently.

14. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

Forgive if this has already been asked in here but:

What colognes do you guys wear in cold weather and around the Holidays? Im talking scents that evoke snow and ice, not so much clovey spiciness. It sounds lame but Acqua di Gio used to be my scent around the holidays and still always makes me think of snow whenever I smell it.

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Forgive if this has already been asked in here but: What colognes do you guys wear in cold weather and around the Holidays? Im talking scents that evoke snow and ice, not so much clovey spiciness. It sounds lame but Acqua di Gio used to be my scent around the holidays and still always makes me think of snow whenever I smell it.
    I can't think of anything off the top of my head that smells like "snow and ice". Beach maybe, but not snow. I usually load up on spicy, woodsy, tobacco, etc.. in the 1 month of 40-50 degree weather. Today I'm trying out D&G #1. Not bad so far.