Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. videogeek

videogeek Senior member

Heir, from Susan D. Owens. Woodsy for the approaching fall.

2. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

About the Terre EdP, maybe it's just a marketing gimick to get people to who are willing to pay more for it. There's nothing so complex in the scent that it warrents a higher concentration or change in formula... Still, overall a nice scent and at least a more concentrated version of any scent is welcome in my books. I won't say no, I just wasn't sure it's actually a Parfum, because any real Parfum's I've seen are super expensive... today, Polo Sport (My local shoppers has 40ml for $20, I figured, why not. always good to have a basic cheap frag for those days I don't feel like thinking about it too much). [​IMG]

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today: Caron Yatagan. rawr.

4. willpower

willpower Senior member

Today: Caron Yatagan. rawr.

Not my first choice for a weekday, but [​IMG]

5. youdee

youdee Well-Known Member

Do you guys think something like a Serge Lutens fragrance is a bit too much for every day wear? Should you stick to something a bit more clean/generic for work? [​IMG]

6. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Do you guys think something like a Serge Lutens fragrance is a bit too much for every day wear? Should you stick to something a bit more clean/generic for work? [​IMG]

It depends, honestly. There are so many Lutens options, some might work, but IN GENERAL, I find Lutens too heavy/syrupy to wear any time.

Given how much some people LOVE Lutens, I went through a period of trying out as many as I could... I think I got up to 10-15 of them... and NONE of them really just HIT with me.

Miel de bois was the only one I really found interesting, and it was almost too foul to wear much, too. Chergui, Fumerie turque, Arabie, Santal Blanc, Cedre, etc. were just TOO much... too heavy... too much like pouring syrup on my skin.

NOW, that being said, I think they are wonderful concoctions for those who like that kind of heavy scent. That just isn't me, sadly.

7. willpower

willpower Senior member

Depends on your job and your proximity to others. At work I tend to wear cleaner fragrances with low sillage at work like Gendarme or Nasomatto Silver Musk.

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Based on the names and reviews, I'd think that perhaps Iris Silver Mist, or Encense et Lavande would be reasonable office scents. Chergui, Arabie, Oriental Vetiver...nope.

9. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Today, a day at the office with meetings. Today, Burberry Brit - Smells fresh but spicy in my mind. [​IMG]

10. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Based on the names and reviews, I'd think that perhaps Iris Silver Mist, or Encense et Lavande would be reasonable office scents. Chergui, Arabie, Oriental Vetiver...nope.

I can verify that Encens et Lavande is suitable for daily wear. It's a brilliant lavender with sage and it's way lighter than his orientals. Also, Musc Kublai Khan isn't heavy and syrupy like his sweet orientals (it does have a tiny touch of armpit/man ass) - certainly no heavier than Kiehl's Musk - so you could wear that every day if it was your thing, though I'm not that into wearing musky scents myself.

Aramis 900 today for me. I put on a big dose and it made the rose notes jump out. It almost feels like I'm wearing Iquitos.

11. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Aramis 900 today for me. I put on a big dose and it made the rose notes jump out. It almost feels like I'm wearing Iquitos.

Ah, nice to see a fellow Iquitos fan. That really was a lovely one.

12. Flame

Flame Senior member

What are good everyday scents? All i can think of is Kiehl's Musk and Mugler Cologne.

I wear alot of streetwear so please don't recommend me an old-fashioned scent (Admittedly Kiehl's Musk is quite the grown-up scent, still dapper though)

13. willpower

willpower Senior member

What are good everyday scents? All i can think of is Kiehl's Musk and Mugler Cologne.

I wear alot of streetwear so please don't recommend me an old-fashioned scent (Admittedly Kiehl's Musk is quite the grown-up scent, still dapper though)

Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa

Le Labo Rose 31 (my favorite everyday scent at the moment)

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

For some reason I can't explain: Unforgivable Multi-Platinum.

15. willpower

willpower Senior member

For some reason I can't explain: Unforgivable Multi-Platinum.

Interesting week you're putting together.