1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Try Montale Black Oud... there's a dark deep rose

Thanks for the suggestion--I think I'll get that, along with Ungaro III, in my next purchase from the Perfumed Court. I like rose fragrances a lot, but I haven't found one that I really like all the way through the dry down.

2. kulata

kulata Senior member

Thanks for the suggestion--I think I'll get that, along with Ungaro III, in my next purchase from the Perfumed Court. I like rose fragrances a lot, but I haven't found one that I really like all the way through the dry down.

Try le labo rose 31, Its a great rose fragrance.

WearIng Terre d'hermes today

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I wore a sample of Hermes Rocabar today - it was pretty light to say the least. I, satisfyingly, noticed it more on me as the day progressed.

That said, now that I've acquired a bunch of these 1-2mL decants from varoius sources, somebody here has to tell me (a) what the plastic "wand" attached the cap is for, and (b) how I am supposed to apply the liquid in these tiny little vials to my skin.

Surely I'm not the only one...

Eh, I've never seen a bottle that uses a wand, so I ignore the vial's wand. I press the vial up to my skin and run it around.

Try C&S Dark Rose - that one's a jammy rose oud and is the standout of the C&S bunch IMHO.

BTW - you can get samples of the C&S range from their web site.

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

oh, today, being spring-ish and all that - Kouros Fraicheur.

5. boo

boo Senior member

Bond No 9 Bleecker St layered with Everlast 1910 today. I think the lemon from Everlast goes great with Bleecker's grassy opening. I just stumbled on the idea when preparing samples of the two for a trade.

6. L'Incandescent

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

Today I'm testing the infamous Secretions Magnifiques. I don't find it nauseating as many reviewers have, so that's something at least. But I can't imagine anyone describing this as beautiful, or even pleasant, with a straight face either. After a sickly sweet opening I get an extremely strong metallic note that is suggestive of blood. It dries down into something vaguely floral, but that metallic note persists. This isn't something I'd even consider wearing in public. Nonetheless, I'm glad I finally got a chance to test it.

7. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

Now looking for something that is like a higher quality, non-chemical Cool Water. Bvlgari Blu didn't cut it.

Green Irish tweed

8. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I've been on a Guerlain Vetiver (original formulation) kick with the weather warming up the last few days. I like it in cold weather too, but it seemed appropriate yesterday, and I liked it so much I'm wearing it again. I think I'm going to snag a back up bottle on ebay before they get hard to find.

9. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

speaking of roses (no.88) just tried again Fresh Cannabis Rose and I've got to say I'm REALLY liking this stuff. I think it's going on my exclusive list of "to buy's". will have to compare to Montale Black Oud and C&S Dark Rose first though.

10. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Live jazz. Very refreshing.

11. kulata

kulata Senior member

speaking of roses (no.88) just tried again Fresh Cannabis Rose and I've got to say I'm REALLY liking this stuff. I think it's going on my exclusive list of "to buy's". will have to compare to Montale Black Oud and C&S Dark Rose first though.

Any smell of cannabis in that one? Always wanted to try cannabis rose and cannabis santal by fresh.

Wearing Narciso rodriguez for him EDT today.

12. L'Incandescent

13. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Wearing Cdg Avignon, received in a swap. Man, this is a dry incense - it's not far removed from what you smell in old-school Catholic events, but this also has a dry oaky component, and a strange red berry note, buried far under the surface and not at all sweet.

14. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Any smell of cannabis in that one? Always wanted to try cannabis rose and cannabis santal by fresh.
    I think that's the big joke, but nothing I can really detect. It's not meant to be the burning weed smell anyway, more like an earthy green planty sort of base. so basically it's like an earthy rose. Just saw Sephora has a 30ml EdP plus body cream and shower gel and stuff for $30! So I think I'll buy it instead of the 100ml for $95, plus I'd never go through 100ml of anything. I've got an extra sample of this that I'll put in the swapbox for you/anyone.
    Wearing Cdg Avignon, received in a swap. Man, this is a dry incense - it's not far removed from what you smell in old-school Catholic events, but this also has a dry oaky component, and a strange red berry note, buried far under the surface and not at all sweet.
    I'm really interested in exploring that whole series actually. a local shop just got the line. Not being a church goer I'm not overly familiar with the scent or rather i don't have any memories attached to it, but I did smell Kyoto and really liked that one too upon first sniff. I love that whole smokey incensy thing. Maybe it's a whisky thing. PS - thomas - smelled some Sushi Imperiale yesterday, reminded of Ambre Narguile a lot because of the stewed fruit thing... basically the peppery cinnamon mostly.

15. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I love the incence series. I finished a bottle of Ouarzazate (which I think now might be my least favorite in the series) I went through a decant of Jaisalmer, and I now have a bottle of Kyoto. I've also had candles of the other two scents. The whole series is great.

16. kmwrestle

kmwrestle Senior member

Yesterday: Chanel Antaeus
    Today: Terre d'hermes

17. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

Anyone know if the Creed that is for sale on amazon at 40-60% off is legit?

18. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

^^Link?
    GIT today.
    Had to go with this one as well. I like it less with each wearing TBH, I think I'd go for either SMW or Bois du portugal if I bought a Creed.

19. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=...qid=1268887092

i guess I'm not exactly sure how amazon works - it would seem that they are just kind of an intermediary for other sellers, and thus they could not verify the products. Then again, I have never heard of people buying fake goods on amazon.

20. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

GIT today.

+2

[​IMG]