• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

ultravisitor

Reaction score
Christian Dior Ambre Nuit

375x500.48395.jpg

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's finally topping out at only 80 today.
So I'm taking a break from blue frags.
Today is the very mysterious, very sexual, Desir Toxic...
1663350054094.png

Najnar

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to try the Jinx Smells sampler but $125 for 4 2ml samples is pretty steep. What do people think of the scents so far?

shoewarma

Reaction score
I don't really get a lot of sweetness from this fragrance.
Yeah, it isn't much at all. But, it's more of a natural nutmeg sweetness that's similar to Cacharel Pour L'Homme if you know what I mean.

Eucris

Reaction score
Yeah, it isn't much at all. But, it's more of a natural nutmeg sweetness that's similar to Cacharel Pour L'Homme if you know what I mean.
Ok. I wore Cacharel many years ago and wonder if the current formulation is still faithful to the original.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to try the Jinx Smells sampler but $125 for 4 2ml samples is pretty steep. What do people think of the scents so far?

Wore Leather La Jolla last night to dinner. It's just so sweaty and dirty in the best way possible. It is steep, but super high quality and mostly natural ingredients. He is also and one man operation which I have a soft spot for.

-DL

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wore Leather La Jolla last night to dinner. It's just so sweaty and dirty in the best way possible. It is steep, but super high quality and mostly natural ingredients. He is also and one man operation which I have a soft spot for.

-DL

I have well over $1k worth of his stuff. I love them, if you like Areej you'll like these.

Najnar

Supporting Member
Reaction score

-DL
I have well over $1k worth of his stuff. I love them, if you like Areej you'll like these.

Thanks, both of you. I'll try it.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have tried the modern Farnesiana a couple of times but was never impressed. Shy, white floral of no great interest. But I have managed to get hold of a vintage sample (late 60s, early 70s) and now I immediately get why this was considered one of the greats. In addition to mimosa, bergamot and blackcurrant, there is also an amazing top note that smells like anis. Possibly mixed with violet stems. Almonds, vanilla, sandalwood and a little powdery in the drydown. It quickly moved to my wife's side of the bathroom cupboard, so it's probably all gone soon.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's scent, in honor of cooler weather - Floris Elite . . .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads