• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

WavyGravy

Reaction score
Everything I have smelled from him is amazing, but I refuse to buy attars. I think there are rumors that he is collaborating with Russian Adam on a release that's coming out next month. I'm very curious.
Is the release a perfume or attar?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As far as I know it is a perfume. There have been rumors of him starting to work in that medium. Also, he "trained" Russian Adam so there's that. Apparently he's releasing a video about it soon.

ultravisitor

Reaction score
Le Labo Patchouli 24

375x500.6332.jpg

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By The Fireplace

I am also wearing this again today, and I think I am revising my opinion of it a little. I do get some other slighty fruity notes besides burnt sugar in the early stages now. It's still pretty straightforward though...

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My decants from Perfumed Court have just arrived so I'll be trying out a lot of entirely new things, including some I've never seen mentioned here, in the next few weeks!

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exploring more nice stuff from Memo. So far like their leathers; African, Irish, French...

51841344989_2c473b9c0e_b.jpg

Interesting to see what you think. I've tried a few and so far I'm not convinced at all. Linear fragrances, seriously overpriced and a lot of ridiculous sentences like this: "the time of the journey is an integral part of the experience, it is essential for the encounter with beauty to occur."

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting to see what you think. I've tried a few and so far I'm not convinced at all. Linear fragrances, seriously overpriced and a lot of ridiculous sentences like this: "the time of the journey is an integral part of the experience, it is essential for the encounter with beauty to occur."

I don't really read those narratives usually :) In terms of fragrances I had African Leather before and I like it. That's why I wanted to explore more of their stuff. So far I like Irish and French leathers. Haven't tried anything else yet.

WavyGravy

Reaction score
I am in Disney World with my family and surprisingly there is a Guerlain store in Epcot. I went in and asked a sales associate if they had Jicky and he said no. I asked if he had Vol de Nuit and he said no. A minute later, he asked if I was interested in the EDT or the parfum. I said I would take whatever they had. He opened up a drawer and gave me a full tester of the EDT and a full tester of the parfum. Hell of a nice guy. I think he saw the disappointment in my eyes when he told me they didn’t really carry many of the classics.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am in Disney World with my family and surprisingly there is a Guerlain store in Epcot. I went in and asked a sales associate if they had Jicky and he said no. I asked if he had Vol de Nuit and he said no. A minute later, he asked if I was interested in the EDT or the parfum. I said I would take whatever they had. He opened up a drawer and gave me a full tester of the EDT and a full tester of the parfum. Hell of a nice guy. I think he saw the disappointment in my eyes when he told me they didn’t really carry many of the classics.

Pretty great story. In this recent Instagram Live segment by the prolific reviewer and Basenotes member, Varanis Ridari/The Scented Devil, he talks about Chamade and Vol de Nuit in EDT concentration, and implies the 100ml Bee bottles are being phased out.

I've got a 1960's Dolphin bottle of VDN EDT incoming.

VDN.JPG

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kerosene Broken Theories today: this is nice. It's starts off as a smokey incense and then eases down into a lovely vanilla-tobacco which stays a little smokey. I guess the nearest comparison, which others have made, is Tauer's Lonestar Memories, but where LM is more on the rough / outdoors side, BT is polite and very much more indoors in the same way that CdG's Incense series is, and stays very close to the skin. It's a really well crafted combination and one of my favourite tobacco fragrances so far.

Last edited:

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last few sprays of the bottle. No plans on replacing it.

9259879759902.jpg

ultravisitor

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I've heard that the Guerlain at Epcot is actually their highest volume store in the US.

Today is Le Labo Gaiac 10.

375x500.6335.jpg

I also bought a bottle of Profumum Roma Ambra Aurea this morning. I've had my eye on that one for a while.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads