• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

shoewarma

Reaction score
Curious: if all of your fragrances doubled in price, which would you actually purchase a second bottle of?
Quite a few actually. A good chunk of my collection has bottles I'd gladly rebuy. My current top 5 shelf on Fragrantica includes Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza, Aramis Havana, Floris Santal, Guerlain Vetiver, and Loewe Esencia pour Homme. Fantastic scents and value for money.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quite a few actually. A good chunk of my collection has bottles I'd gladly rebuy. My current top 5 shelf on Fragrantica includes Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza, Aramis Havana, Floris Santal, Guerlain Vetiver, and Loewe Esencia pour Homme. Fantastic scents and value for money.
Looked up those Aramis scents on Fragrantica. So many sound appealing.

Because I am wild: Sauvage. (It's so windy today, the pepper notes work really well).

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The only two that are really "classics" are Regular Aramis and Aramis 900. The others are meh, imo.

Bromley

Reaction score
I've been eager to try Knize Ten for awhile, and I just found an unopened box/bottle of it at a thrift shop. It's great for a few minutes, but then turns into a powdery moth-ball kind of smell that sticks around for a couple days. Is that the deal, or has it probably gone bad?
PXL_20211026_160448867.jpg

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I actually sprayed it for the second time at Scent Bar this weekend. I'd say powdery mothball is about right. That said, I do quite like powdery mothballs so...

Each year I get my father a fragrance for his birthday. In the past I have just tried to find the least shitty fragrance at Sephora and it was a chore, now that I am actually into fragrance it is even more of a chore. Last year I got him a bottle of Le Troisieme Homme and Yatagan. This year I picked up Rogue Tabac Vert and Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain. My father's not picky, but I'm hoping mom likes them or else they will end up in the trash.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've been eager to try Knize Ten for awhile, and I just found an unopened box/bottle of it at a thrift shop. It's great for a few minutes, but then turns into a powdery moth-ball kind of smell that sticks around for a couple days. Is that the deal, or has it probably gone bad?
View attachment 1692338
Yea, it's kind of mothball-y. I'm not a big fan of those old-school leather scents. A bit too macho for me.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ten is one of my favorites, though I get that it's not everyone's cup of tea. I do question their decision to rename the new version "Golden Edition Toilet Water":

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's in the 60s in Southern California today.
Time for the blizzard scents...
1635271829530.png

Herod

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bergamote Soleil, it's warming up today...
1635348679618.png

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.