• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

ultravisitor

Reaction score
Le Labo Cedrat 37 (Berlin)

Picked up this sample yesterday of this new one for the City Exclusives since the City Exclusives event just started.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dabbed some of my sample of Velvet Haze and then dropped the bottle. At least I got one wear out of it.

I think it is Vaporcindo that is very milky. This has some milk-like notes but it isn't as overwhelming as that one. I definitely enjoy this more than my Maison Margiela winter scents (whispers in the library, jazz club, coffee break). It isn't a very summery scent but I still like it it today. Warm spices, a bit floral, definitely thick.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Vaporacindro isn't milky at all, you're thinking of either dinudisit or selperniku

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another, much more banal Dior fragrance for me today: Dior Higher Energy. I woke up completely fatigued, and felt I needed a little pizazz, so taking the easy road, I went with the obvious choice. Higher Energy.

I wear this infrequently - it was a gift from someone who maybe got it at an airport duty-free zone. I even wondered if it were real at first, since I had not heard of it and wear a lot of Dior for my attire.

Anyway, a bright, light leaning peppery scent. I read somewhere that it's been described as an early 2000s take on Calvin Klein's ubiquitous 90s colognes, and that's exactly right.

1628081610571.png

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Another, much more banal Dior fragrance for me today: Dior Higher Energy. I woke up completely fatigued, and felt I needed a little pizazz, so taking the easy road, I went with the obvious choice. Higher Energy.

I wear this infrequently - it was a gift from someone who maybe got it at an airport duty-free zone. I even wondered if it were real at first, since I had not heard of it and wear a lot of Dior for my attire.

Anyway, a bright, light leaning peppery scent. I read somewhere that it's been described as an early 2000s take on Calvin Klein's ubiquitous 90s colognes, and that's exactly right.

View attachment 1648654
So as someone who really likes Sauvage I would probably like it?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1628090592796.png

I have big bottles of Baie 19, and Another 13 on the way...

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha - Dior Higher Energy is almost the opposite of Sauvage. Not at all cool, not at all dark, not at all well known, not at all Johnny Depp.

papillo

Reaction score
Looking at Creed Virgin Island Water like the fragrance very much any thoughts please
Its a really nice musky citrusy coconut fragrance. The only issue is that some people report that it doesnt last or perform on them. So i would advise that you go to a store and spray some on yourself for a couple of days to see how it performs on you.

some have recommended Gorse as a similar smelling fragrance that lasts

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing Dior Sauvage today for Ed. Such a good scent almost embarrassingly easy as a winner.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.