• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today is an odd one, warm but rainy. Decided to go for a light application of this:

425011.jpg

ultravisitor

Reaction score
This is just gorgeous. It's a shame it's so expensive, but I think it's worth it. One of the most incredible fruity fragrances I've ever smelled.
Yes, it's definitely expensive, and it's my favorite of the Desert Gems. The Malles are less expensive in Europe, though, and I'll be in Greece next month, so I may pick up another while I'm there. Do I hear The Night calling me? Hmm...

shoewarma

Reaction score
Yes, it's definitely expensive, and it's my favorite of the Desert Gems. The Malles are less expensive in Europe, though, and I'll be in Greece next month, so I may pick up another while I'm there. Do I hear The Night calling me? Hmm...
Haven't smelled The Dawn and The Night myself. People keep calling them "fecal", but they will call any remotely animalic oud scent "fecal".

Wearing Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza today for the first time this year. Man, it's such a great scent. I love this for the added spiciness that compliments the white florals so nicely. Much better than plain neroli or orange blossom scents.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bowmakers.

If this had a bit more citrus and maybe dialed back the power of the woodsyness I think this could be an everyday scent. Like it really could be now. I'm talking about it being off only by a touch.

ultravisitor

Reaction score
Haven't smelled The Dawn and The Night myself. People keep calling them "fecal", but they will call any remotely animalic oud scent "fecal".
As someone who grew up in rural Kansas, I often think that people who call oud fragrances "barnyard-y" probably have no idea what a real barnyard smells like.

Today is Ex Nihilo French Affair.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did anyone manage to get a bottle of the Norne oil that instantly sold out yesterday on Luckyscent?

ultravisitor

Reaction score
did anyone manage to get a bottle of the Norne oil that instantly sold out yesterday on Luckyscent?
I considered it and it was in stock when I looked, but I'm don't feel strongly enough about Norne--I prefer Profumum Roma Arso, myself--to buy it blindly. Besides, I'm going to Greece next month, and I'd like to save my pennies to buy some perfumes over there with the European prices and VAT refund.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m crazy about OG norne (finished my bottle last year) but the new “big dose of sandalwood” concept had me a little spooked on this reissue. Not that I managed to buy a bottle. I suppose I’ll start seeing eBay resellers trying to get like $500 for it shortly.

ultravisitor

Reaction score
I’m crazy about OG norne (finished my bottle last year) but the new “big dose of sandalwood” concept had me a little spooked on this reissue. Not that I managed to buy a bottle. I suppose I’ll start seeing eBay resellers trying to get like $500 for it shortly.
The rest of the batch of the Norne oil will be released next month, so maybe pay attention to the response people have to it after this initial release to figure out if you want to get in on it next month.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.