• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, sometimes I find it worthwhile because some ingredients you literally can't get anymore so after it is out there, so that's it...forever. So if you like it, 50ml or more is worthwhile, imo. People were ho-hum on his latest collection, but I did enjoy them at first sniff at Scent Bar. Then again Oud Monarch was popular and that one did nothing for me.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ANother sample bomb:
The D.S. Durga Wood Sample set (Four 1.5 ML samples, including Bowmakers, Radio Bombay, Cowboy Grass, and I Don't Know What.)

Eiderantler, Vaporocindro Eau de Parfum, Selperniku and Burvuvu

• Mazzolari
  • Mazzolari Eau de Toilette - Sample
  • Oriza L. Legrand
  • Deja le Printemps Eau de Parfum - Sample
  • Oriza L. Legrand
  • Chypre Mousse Eau de Parfum - Sample
  • Oriza L. Legrand
  • Vetiver Royal Bourbon Eau de Parfum - Sample
  • Penhaligons
  • Sartorial Eau de Toilette - Sample

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried one of the true classics today for the first time: Cartier Déclaration. I do get why this was so influential. Not the most exciting or original fragrance out there, but the balance is just perfect. Very easy to wear.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ANother sample bomb:
The D.S. Durga Wood Sample set (Four 1.5 ML samples, including Bowmakers, Radio Bombay, Cowboy Grass, and I Don't Know What.)

Eiderantler, Vaporocindro Eau de Parfum, Selperniku and Burvuvu

• Mazzolari
  • Mazzolari Eau de Toilette - Sample
  • Oriza L. Legrand
  • Deja le Printemps Eau de Parfum - Sample
  • Oriza L. Legrand
  • Chypre Mousse Eau de Parfum - Sample
  • Oriza L. Legrand
  • Vetiver Royal Bourbon Eau de Parfum - Sample
  • Penhaligons
  • Sartorial Eau de Toilette - Sample

I really liked Vetiver Royal Bourbon and I am surprised not to hear much about it.

shoewarma

Reaction score
I really liked Vetiver Royal Bourbon and I am surprised not to hear much about it.
It actually caught my eye over the past few weeks and I am considering a blind buy. But, I'm not familiar with the house and I don't want it to be another meh vetiver fragrance.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i can't remember if I am wearing au coueur desert or air moracain by tauer but whichever one it is incredible

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yesterday was saint julep by imaginary authors. It was fine. Quick drydown to a relatively one not sweet aroma. Did not last super long. My sample bottle is enough.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was saint julep by imaginary authors. It was fine. Quick drydown to a relatively one not sweet aroma. Did not last super long. My sample bottle is enough.

One of the few scents by them I actually enjoyed but I had the same experience. Didn’t last long enough to make me think to buy a bottle.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One of the few scents by them I actually enjoyed but I had the same experience. Didn’t last long enough to make me think to buy a bottle.
It is too bad because everything they are going for are things I should like but the execution is no good. Oh well.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Exit the King by Etat Libre d'Orange.

I'm getting a lot of orange-like aroma which neither they nor fragantica lists as an aroma. But it is good. Very aromatic and complex. Maybe that's soapy smells I'm getting?

Anyway, it seems to be fading quickly, though...

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I made a point of wearing Au Couer au Desert today. Which means the other day I was wearing Moroccan Air. These are both very similar but Coeur is not as earthy or herbal. And I get a more direct incense note. I like but I think i preferred the way the incense was more of a supporting role in Moroccan Air.

Really, for me, it seems like you buy a bottle of one of these, not both.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This weekend I did some sampling of St. Clair Scents. Fantastic all around. Standouts for me were Song of Aubrac, which has an incredible narcissus and muskiness. Also surprisingly First Cut, which I thought was just going to be a grassy number, but it is so much more than that. There's a hay note that works with lavender and oakmoss that really makes it kind of the ultimate modern Fougere. Looks like I will be picking those up. Still wrapping my head around Casablanca as it tends to smell different each wear and unfold incredibly slowly. It pretty much has everything I love in it, but they kind of peek around the corner then hide again and repeat. I think the high concentration at 50% has something to do with this. All of the others are fantastic as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads