• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Aquafortis

Reaction score
I'm curious to smell Rogue Perfumery's Mousse Illuminee. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it supposedly have real oakmoss?
Rogue is known for non-IFRA compliant perfumes. He uses a lot of real Oakmoss.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have Byredo Black Saffron? I have a sample of it which I really like, but the performance seems sub-par. So hard to tell without an actual atomizer, though.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Meleg uses real oak moss. It isn't banned in the USA and Canada. Rogue's stuff is great if you like a vintage vibe. If you want to get a sense of oak moss you can pick up a $5 container of Pinaud after shave lotion, which is just really an eau de toilette with real oak moss. Oak moss is great, but with it isn't blended well it can come across as overly soapy I feel.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Canoe Club is having a 25% off sale, and they carry a few CdG frags including Avignon and Kyoto.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lumiere Noire this morning. I just really love the rose in this...it's so different from the usual rose you get in fragrances, which are usually sharper or, in lesser frags, cloying. I can see how this might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I appreciate it a lot.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plum Japonais this morning. Long-time favorite of mine. The dry-down really reminds me of the incense typically burning in shrines in Japan. Never really understood why they label this as feminine.

I had heard that they were discontinuing it, but apparently there was a lot of outcry to save it.

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
I bought a sample lot of Areej le Dore and Ensar Oud perfumes a little over a year ago to see what the hype was about and to smell natural ingredients in large doses. I was going to hang onto them for reference but I’ve started to use them up so they don’t turn or evaporate.

Indolis is one of the most beautiful perfumes I’ve ever smelled. It is melancholic which I think is an affect of large doses of natural floral oils. Id imagine this is what the long gone Guerlain Apres L’Ondee perfume parfum smells like. It’s a shame something like this can’t stay in production.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carner D600 today. I dunno, this one is kind of indistinct to me. I get a lot of iris and then some vaguely woody notes. I think this is another one I may be partially anosmic to. It's really hard for me to smell it at all.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm wearing Hermes Epice Marine today that I have a sample of. Really nice. I get a lot of cinnamon and some other spices. I think it would be great if you like spices/oriental smells and want to wear them in the summer. This has a powdery quality underneath. I bet this stuff is stupid expensive.

shoewarma

Reaction score
Lorenzo Villoresi Sandalo is today's first. Got this along with Piper Nigrum yesterday, both of which are vintages. This is such an authentic sandalwood and that's what it's all about. It's a no-fuss, simplistic scent that doesn't try too hard to be something it isn't. It does exactly what it's supposed to do, and that's to deliver on the sandalwood. A worthy scent in every sandalwood fan's arsenal.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lorenzo Villoresi Sandalo is today's first. Got this along with Piper Nigrum yesterday, both of which are vintages. This is such an authentic sandalwood and that's what it's all about. It's a no-fuss, simplistic scent that doesn't try too hard to be something it isn't. It does exactly what it's supposed to do, and that's to deliver on the sandalwood. A worthy scent in every sandalwood fan's arsenal.
Wearing the Lorenzo Villoresi Vetiver today. Much of the same could be said about this one as a straight up vetiver. Nice green dry opening too.

-DL

shoewarma

Reaction score
Wearing the Lorenzo Villoresi Vetiver today. Much of the same could be said about this one as a straight up vetiver. Nice green dry opening too.

-DL
I have a sample of Vetiver, and I thought it was very difficult to handle. It starts off promising with heavy vetiver and tobacco. Very spicy. But, it becomes like a spicy salad type of scent with that strange celery note and what I pick up as a green bell pepper scent. I need more testing of it, but it's really not what I expected and not for me.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.