• Styleforum is going on Instagram Live with Paul Kelly of S.E.H. Kelly on Friday, April 10, 7:00 a.m. PDT

Wake up tomorrow and tune in as Peter talks to Paul Kelly of S.E.H Kelly, a long time Styleforum member and sponsor, in the latest episode in our ongoing series of conversations about COVID-19 and the impact the global pandemic on the menswear industry

Tune in at 7:00 a.m. PDT

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
https://www.masslive.com/coronavirus/2020/03/coronavirus-symptoms-loss-of-smell-may-be-an-early-indicator-of-covid-19-doctors-say.html

So basically fragrances should be HSA eligible.

Meanwhile I'm feeling like a lot of the fragrances I've been trying have been blurring together for me, probably owing to trying too many in a short time. Today is Frapin The Orchid Man - just put it on, no thoughts yet - while yesterday was By Kilian Light My Fire, which really reminded me too much of By Kilian Black Phantom, but a bit less gourmand. I think I prefer Black Phantom.

Oh, and I also wore Caron Yatagan the other day. Really delightful. I think maybe my grandfather used to wear this? Or maybe not, I'm not sure if he was ever the type to wear cologne, but it feels like the fragrance he would wear. I'll probably have to pick up a bottle next time I'm doing an order. Although I hope this review isn't how I come across if I wear it:

Capture.PNG

:rolleyes:

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the types of people who use the word cuck would consider me a cuck. I'm also pretty sure I'm ok with that.

Alocin

Reaction score
Haven’t posted in a while but today while WFH I chose to wear a fragrance I made myself while in Paris. Initially I didn’t like it as much, came off a little too floral but over time it calmed down into an awesome woodsy musk with some white floral notes. Still haven’t named it though.

shoewarma

Reaction score
Must try this Caron Yatagan. Not sure if I am a cuck or not though. Probably?
Relax, you're not. It's not the offensive beast that people say it is. It is animalic, sour, and bitter for sure, but it's not a stinker. Not my kind of fragrance, but give it a go. You'll be surprised by how tame and palatable it is.

Alocin

Reaction score

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sampled Coeur du Desert yesterday, sampling L'air du desert Morocain today. Tough to decide which I like better, but I'm leaning toward Coeur. Price isn't unreasonable on either, could see picking up a bottle once I'm no longer sheltering in place.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone dig any CDG scents?
Where do I start? The incense series is great, but so is their collaboration with Monocle. I also think their Odeur 71 is an avant garde masterpiece.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've only sample CGD fragrances at shops with a lot of other stuff, which isn't the optimal way to do it. I remember not being impressed, but I am aware they seem to be highly regarded in the niche market despite being a "big brand". I'd like to revisit them.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.