• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
I really like Masculin Pluriel, I think it’s my favorite that I’ve smelled from Kurkdijan.

I sampled Bel Respirio by Chanel today. It has a really “invigorating” green opening that settles into a still green and clean scent that I really enjoy. I know we were talking about eBay and it’s possible fakes here a month ago but this 15% off coupon they have this weekend seems to work on perfume so I might risk it on a bottle.

Has anyone smelled anything from Francesca Bianchi? Those are pretty tempting with that eBay nice price as well.
I ended up grabbing a bottle of Portrait of a Lady with that promotion and have been wearing it the last few days. Really enjoying it, I think the frankincense note is exactly what I was looking for earlier this year in an incense perfume. On clothes i feel it does not get past the rose and patchouli so I’m enjoying wearing it on skin and fabric.

hendrix

Ill-proportioned
Reaction score
I've recently discovered that Chanel also has deodorant sticks, including for Antaeus which I think is now my favourite fragrance.

The Antaeus stick basically smells like the EDT except less of the top notes and a bit more of the resins. So if anything it's a bit darker, but it doesn't project as loudly. That's really useful to me, as I don't want a big scent trail when I walk into the clinic every day, but I also have no intention of wearing something bland and appropriate. It also seems to work fine with my poor sensitive underarm skin so that's good. Kinda expensive for a daily deodorant stick but what the heck. Hopefully it lasts a long time.

Dashing Chris

Reaction score
I thought it would be a good idea to have scent of the day thread where people could post which cologne or aftershave they are wearing that day and maybe a small descriptive blurb if they like.

I'll go first. Today I am wearing L'Artisan Parfumer Tea for Two. It's smoky and spicy and reminds me of the exotic scent of the Lapsang Souchong tea.
My Personal favorite is Jack Black Beard Oil, I love the smell!

bamgrinus

Reaction score
I dunno, I'd much rather have a neutral deodorant stick so I can wear whatever I want with it. Not to mention I generally put on my antiperspirant at night.

shoewarma

Reaction score
I've recently discovered that Chanel also has deodorant sticks, including for Antaeus which I think is now my favourite fragrance.

The Antaeus stick basically smells like the EDT except less of the top notes and a bit more of the resins. So if anything it's a bit darker, but it doesn't project as loudly. That's really useful to me, as I don't want a big scent trail when I walk into the clinic every day, but I also have no intention of wearing something bland and appropriate. It also seems to work fine with my poor sensitive underarm skin so that's good. Kinda expensive for a daily deodorant stick but what the heck. Hopefully it lasts a long time.
Nice. I have been using Acqua di Parma Essenza di Colonia deodorant in combination with the EDC and have loved the results. The scent of the deodorant is pretty strong and lingers for at least 2 hours, and the EDC is no mickey mouse summer fragrance either. It has some strength on its own, but it's also excellent with the deodorant. I don't know about the Chanel stick, but the AdP I have is soft, wet, and kinda mushy, which I like. This was my first niche deodorant and likely my last because it's so pricey, but I do love the experience.

Not to mention I generally put on my antiperspirant at night.
What's your reason for that?

bamgrinus

Reaction score
Antiperspirant works (partially) by being absorbed by and shrinking your pores. It does so more effectively when you body temperature is cooler and steady, allowing the pores to absorb the antiperspirant instead of it being sweated out. That happens best while you're asleep. Once it's absorbed, it stays absorbed basically until the skin flakes off through normal processes. Source here, although you can find many others.

The bonus of this is that you don't have to worry about your aluminum-based antiperspirant staining your clothes, which they're prone to do.

hendrix

Ill-proportioned
Reaction score
I dunno, I'd much rather have a neutral deodorant stick so I can wear whatever I want with it. Not to mention I generally put on my antiperspirant at night.
YMMV. It sounds like we have different practices. I don't tend to chop and change fragrances, I usually pick one and wear it through a whole season at least. And as I mentioned, the fact that this stays closer to the skin than the EDT makes it useful to me in terms of wearing it to work.

Nice. I have been using Acqua di Parma Essenza di Colonia deodorant in combination with the EDC and have loved the results. The scent of the deodorant is pretty strong and lingers for at least 2 hours, and the EDC is no mickey mouse summer fragrance either. It has some strength on its own, but it's also excellent with the deodorant. I don't know about the Chanel stick, but the AdP I have is soft, wet, and kinda mushy, which I like. This was my first niche deodorant and likely my last because it's so pricey, but I do love the experience.
The chanel stick is soft-ish and wet but not mushy. That ADP essenza di colonia is really nice. I like most of the ADP stuff.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Chanel Coromandel today. I have too many fragrances, but sometimes I think about buying a bottle of this alog with Ruth Mastenbroek's Oxford.

hendrix

Ill-proportioned
Reaction score
Chanel Coromandel today. I have too many fragrances, but sometimes I think about buying a bottle of this alog with Ruth Mastenbroek's Oxford.
A girl I'm seeing wears this. It's really nice. I have no idea what notes are in it or anything but it's nice.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seriously. I'd love to find a girl with such taste.

shoewarma

Reaction score
The man is sitting behind a screen posting on a forum. Who's to say he isn't bullshitting? :lol:

Jokes aside, I'm wearing my recently received Floris 1962. Man, this is some seriously high quality stuff. Similarities to Tom Ford Italian Cypress are obvious, but I like this a lot more because it gives me room to breathe. Amazing scent.

hendrix

Ill-proportioned
Reaction score
If it helps make her seem more realistic she doesn't like Japanese men's fashion :(

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.