• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

cucinelli

Reaction score
Listing a couple of decent EDTs ... PM if interested
1. Armani Attitude 75ml
2. Creed Millesime Imperial 75ml
3. Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan 50ml

J.Odelius

Reaction score
Maison Margiella By the fireplace.

It claims to be unisex but I find it crazy masculine.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
All I've been really wearing lately is Helmut Lang Cuiron. It's a slightly powdery version of suede. A bit like the inside of a woman's purse. Goes with a lot of casualwear, feels OK with tailored clothing. Masculine, but not macho. Slightly androgynous. Not too heavy for summer. I don't know ... just easy.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I've been really wearing lately is Helmut Lang Cuiron. It's a slightly powdery version of suede. A bit like the inside of a woman's purse. Goes with a lot of casualwear, feels OK with tailored clothing. Masculine, but not macho. Slightly androgynous. Not too heavy for summer. I don't know ... just easy.
I find it to be the perfect summer scent.

karmaguy

Reaction score
Finally tried aventus and I get everything people have said about it. It’s pretty great but compared to everything else I wear it’s not that interesting? I get a little bit of pineapple at the beginning but that quickly becomes orange juice for me which I found odd. I might still spring for a bottle we’ll see

Aquafortis

Reaction score
Finally tried aventus and I get everything people have said about it. It’s pretty great but compared to everything else I wear it’s not that interesting? I get a little bit of pineapple at the beginning but that quickly becomes orange juice for me which I found odd. I might still spring for a bottle we’ll see
What I mainly got was a ripping headache within 30 minutes. Don't know what the hype is all about. The Cosmair version of RL Safari is way better IMHO.

Alocin

Reaction score
Got to actually make my own fragrance while in Paris last week, was an amazing experience.

Won’t go too deep into it but made a slightly floral, musky fougere that could use some tweaks but I’ll work that out when I reorder.

Today I was also given a bottle of jazz club by Margiela. Actually quite happy with it, I’m usually weary of the brands who aren’t solely cologne companies but it’s a nice boozy, tobacco-y scent.

shoewarma

Reaction score
Got to actually make my own fragrance while in Paris last week, was an amazing experience.

Won’t go too deep into it but made a slightly floral, musky fougere that could use some tweaks but I’ll work that out when I reorder.

Today I was also given a bottle of jazz club by Margiela. Actually quite happy with it, I’m usually weary of the brands who aren’t solely cologne companies but it’s a nice boozy, tobacco-y scent.
Wow, good for you. I'd love to make my own fragrances and learn more about the chemistry behind fragrances.

I would disagree with your second statement. I think it's wrong to dismiss fragrances that don't come from fragrance-only houses. There is a shit load of excellent non-niche fragrances out there. You just have to smell a lot and see what satisfies your taste. Regarding Jazz Club, I find it off-putting, and that's coming from a huge tobacco fan. It's almost like the sting of bitter tobacco smoke in your mouth with the afterburn of hard liquor. Not bad, but poorly executed in my view.

Alocin

Reaction score
Wow, good for you. I'd love to make my own fragrances and learn more about the chemistry behind fragrances.

I would disagree with your second statement. I think it's wrong to dismiss fragrances that don't come from fragrance-only houses. There is a shit load of excellent non-niche fragrances out there. You just have to smell a lot and see what satisfies your taste. Regarding Jazz Club, I find it off-putting, and that's coming from a huge tobacco fan. It's almost like the sting of bitter tobacco smoke in your mouth with the afterburn of hard liquor. Not bad, but poorly executed in my view.
It was an awesome experience I’m glad I did it!

But you’re absolutely right. I’m being unnecessarily biased for no reason. But that’s probably from the Versace and Issey Miyake scents I grew up with from my parents.

Jazz club is definitely a little more aggressive compared to what I like but it calms down quickly on my skin. I definitely see the sharpness from the tobacco but a soft burn from the alcohol.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.