• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice perfume article from @dieworkwear if anyone hasn't seen it. I am intrigued by the salt/marine family, which I've never tried, though I'm not sure how far down the spectrum from ozone to brine to seaweed I would/should go in a work context.

Currently enjoying the slightly smoky grapefruit Le Labo Bergamote 22, and some neroli family stuff, which I thought was way too fruity for me but has won me round.
My favourite marine, by quite a big margin, is Heeley’s Sel Marin. Great fragrance that manages to be a distinct marine but without smelling like seaweed and oysters.

Mehran

Reaction score
Anyone have a lot of experience buying fragrances off eBay? I've never done it, largely because I find it sketchy since I don't know how the person stored the bottle. Are there stories of people getting bottles that have been stored in sunlight or something?

cc'ing @HORNS @L'Incandescent and @rach2jlc cause they have a lot of experience with fragrances, but would welcome anyone's input.
I always just stalk the Styleforum equivalents of cologne/perfume (namely Basenotes, but some others too). For the most part, people with massive collections and who are enthusiasts take care of their stuff. Never had a bad transaction on BN. You can also go the Facebook route, but thats pretty sketch in my book.

It also depends on the brand. Creeds are faked, as are a bunch of the really famous stuff (Xerjoff, Le Labo, TF et al). Malle's are starting to get faked as well. If you are on the hunt for more niche, less mainstream stuff (MFK I'd buy, but By Killian is a big maybe ), you probably wont get a faked bottle, and if they went out of their way to buy niche, it probably was stored decently.

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
I’ve been wearing Mefisto by Casamorati the most this summer. I think it’s a perfect lemon and lavender combo that is so simple but I haven’t found another perfume that lets those two notes shine the way they do in this one. I sampled the newer Gentiluomo version before buying my bottle and love it just as much. I feel it had an even brighter lemon note with a watery-ness that was not loud calone.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.