• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yesterday and today has been Kouros.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yesterday: Afrika Olifant by Nishane. This is a very, very animalic oud. As a rough comparison, it's in the ballpark of Dior's Leather Oud, but it's less loud and it seems more nuanced. I'm enjoying it a lot.

Today: Lutens Fumerie Turque. One of my very favorite Lutens. It's a tobacco with a honey note that walks right up to the boundary of being urine-like. It's powdery, dry, and just a little bitter, but with a warm tonka sweetness. Unfortunately, this has recently become much more expensive because they put it in their new, uglier exclusive bottles

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Spring has sprung, so I'm wearing Penhaligons Ostara today. It's a masterpiece of a fragrance with clean, transparent narcissus and was only on the market for maybe a year.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently received a sample of Creed Viking. Not sure where I stand on it. Starts out smelling too mainstream (think nightclub), but after dry down it is pretty pleasant. I dig the subtle hint of lemon. After a few hours though it is almost completely gone.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday - Johri by Ava Luxe. Almost too humid for it when I first sprayed it on.
Today - Bvlgari Eau parfumee the vert (spelling from memory).

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Spring has sprung, so I'm wearing Penhaligons Ostara today. It's a masterpiece of a fragrance with clean, transparent narcissus and was only on the market for maybe a year.
Wearing this one again. Definitely a masculine-leaning floral and a discontinued fragrance which can be still bought cheaply.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yesterday: Ilm by Kemi. It's an oud scent that starts out barnyardy, but with a sweetness that is a little bit reminiscent of ripe raspberry. As it dries down, the woody facets of the oud become more prominent.

Today: Radio Bombay. A sharp, peppery sandalwood with a touch of coconut sweetness and an oddly metallic note.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I’m wearing one of first niche loves, Annick Goutal Les Nuits de Hadrian.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yesterday: Secrets du Paradis Rouge by Jul et Mad. This is on the short list of my very favorite fragrances. It's a slightly bittersweet almondy orange blossom scent. To my great surprise my gf of fiancée ordered me a full bottle of this, which arrived yesterday. The full bottles are absolutely stunning; photos don't do them justice at all.

Today: Garuda by Jul et Mad. A syrupy sweet but also sharp woody oud scent. For some reason, it always reminds me of the grenadine I used to drink in Kiddie Cocktails when I was a youngster. (Apparently this drink is called a Shirley Temple in other parts of the United States.)

Nemesis_4

Reaction score
What's it like? I vaguely remember Luca Turin saying something about it being dated but I can't find the line right now.
I always have trouble describing this one but I’ll give it a shot.

So to be clear, I have the black cap and orange front - which I believe is the most recent formulation- which does not feel dated to me. It has shades of Cartier’s declaration (heavily imo) and Chanel’s pour Monsieur (a bit less so but there). Probably the best way I can put the most recent formulation of Eau d’Hermes is that if Dior’s Eau Sauvage (most recent formulation) had a leather/anamalic tint and bulked up the spicy mid notes like cardamom and cumin. That said I have not given any of the older formulations a try which I believe the comments by Luca Turin were referring to.

Quesjac

Reaction score
I always have trouble describing this one but I’ll give it a shot.

So to be clear, I have the black cap and orange front - which I believe is the most recent formulation- which does not feel dated to me. It has shades of Cartier’s declaration (heavily imo) and Chanel’s pour Monsieur (a bit less so but there). Probably the best way I can put the most recent formulation of Eau d’Hermes is that if Dior’s Eau Sauvage (most recent formulation) had a leather/anamalic tint and bulked up the spicy mid notes like cardamom and cumin. That said I have not given any of the older formulations a try which I believe the comments by Luca Turin were referring to.
Thanks, much appreciated!

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.