1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Uni/form LA. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, UNI/FORM LA, a brand focused on improving the clothing you wear everyday. Their elevated essentials are handmade in LA and built for daily wear. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Mahatma Jawndi

Ordered Bowmaker and El Cosmico in my set of four scents. Was actually between Bowmaker and Radio Bombay for the fourth pick, and went with Bowmaker just cause I thought I have a better wardrobe for it. Although really want to try Radio Bombay at some point!

2. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Distinguished Member

D&S Durqa sound interesting but they don't do sample sets for non-US customers...

I'm revisiting something I didn't like a few years ago - August 2014, in fact, I looked it up on this thread! Molinard Homme III.

As I recalled, it really does start off like that mix of commercial scents that characterizes an Airport Duty Free - lots of wet celery in the drydown, but it smells more vetivery that I remembered, perhaps just because I've had a lot more experience of vetiver scents since. Still not great.

3. James1051

James1051 Distinguished Member

Wearing Iris Silver Mist today, orris, varnish, whiskey and dirt. My favorite of a favorite group of fragrances (iris).

Maurice Roucel... Dans Tes Bras, Helmut Lang Eau de Cologne, and ISM, among many others.

4. dieworkwear

Trying Nasomatto's Pardon again today. I used to think this was too rich and sultry for me. And it's definitely rich and sultry. Has a hints of dark chocolate, patchouli, oud, and some kind of flower. Maybe a bit of leather far off in the background. It's very sexy and warm, and lasts forever. Sample is running low and tempted to get a bottle. Attar's Profumo has a similar sensibility, but it doesn't last nearly as long.

5. sood

sood Senior Member

where did you get the sample from?

6. dieworkwear

Don't remember, but I think Twisted Lily?

http://twistedlily.com/product-category/brands/nasomatto/

It's a powerhouse a fragrance, like Slumberhouse scents, but I think reasonably wearable. Although I found Duro, which is another popular one from Nasomatto, to be too macho for me.

7. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Exactly: I just didn't feel any real backbone or any "kick" to it that caused it to stand out. It was just safe and boring...

SOTD: RIP to the one and only Hubert de Givenchy. Pulling out some of my sacred L'INTERDIT extrait from the wine cooler. It's not something most of you fellows would wear, but it's a wonderful aldehydic floral. Imagine Chanel no. 5 without the coldness, and a fruit note and woods adding warmth. It's really quite beautiful, and honestly with confidence and the right weather more unisex than you might imagine.

I find it the greatest aldehyde in history.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018

8. dieworkwear

That's very true.

9. karmaguy

karmaguy Senior Member

Anyone have any reqs on things available in surrender to chance’s flash sale? Preferably scents that work with warmer temps

10. brokencycle

brokencycle Stylish Dinosaur Moderator

Anyone help me determine if this Git is authentic. The #1 concern I have is the spray top. It is brass and it has black coloring on it, and that black rubs off a bit.

The second piece is while it was shrink wrapped there was no insert in the box.

20180313_224511.jpg 20180313_224429.jpg

Edit: It also seems like the scent is dying quickly.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018

11. brokencycle

I'm 100% sure it is fake now. I think they used some watered down cologne. All of the text is missing from the bottle, it is completely matte and appears painted. Unfortunate. The seller had pretty good ratings.

12. dieworkwear

I don't know if that's fake, but Creed does disappear quickly, compared to fragrances of the same concentration, and (tbh) many smell like watered down colognes. And the packaging is unusually bad for the price point. Boxes are flimsy, caps aren't that sturdy.

It's also not that hard to copy fragrances. I assume Dua has near exact copies of most popular Creeds. It would probably be hard to tell a fake from an original Creed on scent alone, esp since their batches vary so much.

13. brokencycle

There are a few things though that seem to be a dead giveaway:
    1. The painted bottle. Black paint rubbed off on my fingers, and there is black paint on the interior of the box.
    2. You can see the liquid through the bottle.
    3. There is no writing on the bottle, such as the fragrance name on the bottom front of the bottle.
    4. The brass sprayer. That should be black.
    5. There was no Creed insert about Oliver Creed in the package.

I watched a video by a Creed boutique rep going through common fake bottles, and this hits all of the ones above that he called out.

14. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Distinguished Member

Terrible fake, at least based on what you posted above and my GIT has good to very good longevity.

15. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Stylish Dinosaur

GIT lasts forever on my skin, so if it disappears quickly it's probably a fake (in addition to the other factors you mentioned). Fragrancenet is a good online source for the real deal at less-than-AD prices. If you don't care about the packaging, Basenotes splits are good as well.