1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Tried out Malle's Bigarde Concentree. Musky with a powdery finish. I think I like it.

2. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

Tried out Malle's Bigarde Concentree. Musky with a powdery finish. I think I like it.

Love this one. It is my favorite citrus and my favorite warm weather scent (assuming money is no object... for economical scents, it is Eau de lalique).

The best description for the Malle was one from basenotes... "Cab Driver eats an orange."

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Guerlain Homme today. Wouldn't seem so bad if the marketing geniuses hadn't tried to give it a predatorial vibe.

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Sampling Malle's Musc Ravageur today.

5. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

Guerlain Homme today. Wouldn't seem so bad if the marketing geniuses hadn't tried to give it a predatorial vibe.

EXACTLY my thoughts, too, T. It is a fairly safe, innocuous citrus scent with some woods and a mojito accord, but then they went and tried to market it as a dangerous, animalic, foul sort of scent.

I was expecting Mouchoir mixed with McQueen Kingdom and, instead, I got Tide Detergent with a hint of lime. [​IMG]

Anyway, T, did you ever try the Arden Sandalwood? (the old one)? If not, when I get back next month, I will send you some.

For me, today it is Guerlain Pamplelune again.

6. oroy38

oroy38 Senior member

7. willpower

willpower Senior member

8. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Polo Double Black. Not as peppery this time around, definetely a good thing. [​IMG]

9. amnesiac

amnesiac Senior member

kenzo tokyo, but all i seem to smell is my sandalwood shaving cream all day.

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

EXACTLY my thoughts, too, T. It is a fairly safe, innocuous citrus scent with some woods and a mojito accord, but then they went and tried to market it as a dangerous, animalic, foul sort of scent.

I was expecting Mouchoir mixed with McQueen Kingdom and, instead, I got Tide Detergent with a hint of lime. [​IMG]

Anyway, T, did you ever try the Arden Sandalwood? (the old one)? If not, when I get back next month, I will send you some.

For me, today it is Guerlain Pamplelune again.

I have not tried Arden Sandalwood; is it interesting? Sounds like you like it, which is a good thing given your preference for all things stinky!

Today I went with Caron Pour Une Homme and got stung by a wasp not long after.

11. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Sisley's Eau de Campagne. I use this as my everyday summer scent, alternating randomly with Penhaligon's English Fern. The two are functional equivalents, with the former being more interesting to me at the moment but with less longevity.

12. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

Donna Karan Fuel today.

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Tried out the new John Varvatos Rock Vol. 1 today. This sucks. I'm not even going to bother trying to describe the scent.

14. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Guerlain vetiver today. There's something in this that makes it crisp, not sure how to describe.

15. DHV

DHV Member

Guerlain vetiver today. There's something in this that makes it crisp, not sure how to describe.

Maybe the Vetiver?

j/k, it's a great scent, simple and clean.

Wearing Platinum Egoiste myself.

16. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Probably the citrus opening. When alone, it's obvious that you're smelling orange/lemon/grapefruit, but when skillfully combined with vetiver, tobacco, amber, and the like, you don't notice it so much other than a crisp effect.

Today: Etro Shaal Nur. A light, crisp, summery barbershop incense.

17. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Trying out Parfums de Nicolai Baladin today

18. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Trying out Parfums de Nicolai Baladin today

Not saying anything. Nope. Not going there.

19. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Not saying anything. Nope. Not going there.
    Por Que?

20. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Por Que?

Had a bottle and ended up selling it off when I realized that it wasn't for me.