Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Wonderful recommendation on the Iunx L'Arbre - I never heard of this brand and they all seem to be blended by Giacometti. I'll have to snoop this one out.

I enjoyed wearing Unsettled for a day a few weeks ago, and speaking of sandalwood, it has a good slug of it in the mid and base notes. I guess I'm a fanboy of Bruno because it's hard for him to fuck up in my book. Well, Room 237 and Seyrig were nasty to me.

2. James1051

James1051 Senior member

I took a pass on Seyrig also. Never tried the Room 237, but it has a reputation as an intentionally unusual scent.

The Iunx is kind of hard to find. Used to be--maybe still is--only sold out of a hotel boutique in Paris. I just buy it from STC, who make periodic runs to Paris, when they (STC) are having a sale. This scent, like most of Giacometti, is low on projection, but lasts forever (well, 24 hours, anyway).

I'm continuing with sandalwood today. This time its Tam Dao EdP, a skillful re-creation of real sandalwood developed from cedar. If you can't find L'Arbre or the Profumo Mysore, the Diptyque is a wonderful alternative.

Someone above asked about Villoresi scents. His Sandalo is another worthwhile re-creation of sandalwood.

3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I'm wearing True Lust Rayon Violet de ses Yeux today. It's among my favorite fragrances. It's an old-fashioned, powdery makeup scent with rice and violet. It's a bit leathery too.

4. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I had the day off so I shaved late this morning and applied Alt Innsbruck aftershave. This stuff is an amazing buy.

This evening has been misty and cool, so I am wearing Etro Gomma. This is strongly reminiscent of Knize Ten, but a little more herbaceous.

5. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

SOTE is Cartier Pasha Edition Noire. It's a peppery, spicy masculine that smells like a hundred others that have come out over the last ten years or so.