• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I got a discovery set from them a while back and I enjoyed her scents a lot. Incendo was the standout - a really well done, smoky desert campfire scent. I used that sample up right away. If I have one criticism, it's that a lot of her scents feel like variations on a theme, so there's not a lot of variety there. It appears she's made some new ones so maybe that's changing.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a discovery set from them a while back and I enjoyed her scents a lot. Incendo was the standout - a really well done, smoky desert campfire scent. I used that sample up right away. If I have one criticism, it's that a lot of her scents feel like variations on a theme, so there's not a lot of variety there. It appears she's made some new ones so maybe that's changing.

Based on what I've read that's a fair criticism, I'd say Andy Tauer is also somewhat guilty of this albeit less so.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
McQueen is my SOTD today. This one isn't especially daring like Kingdom. It's just a pleasant white floral. I feel like there's a big orange blossom note, but fragrantica is having none of that. Apparently it is tuberose and jasmine I'm smelling.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it's the appropriate thread, but what would you say is a reasonable value for a bottle of Aventus, 99% unused?

A member on a forum is selling a batch of 15X01 for $150CAD - I think that's probably a pretty good deal?

I currently have 16A01 but only a decant, and I believe I paid $125USD for 100mL.

edit: SOTD - Zegna - Javanese Patchouli

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Today: HL Cuiron (the new version)
561888_e1_pp.jpg

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I wore Sahara Noir, which is bizarrely discontinued. I highly recommend you guys who like labdanum and frankincense to try to get your hands on some so you can determine if you want to get a bottle while it's still cheap. To me, it's one of the most developed fragrances Tom Ford has ever released.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today I wore Sahara Noir, which is bizarrely discontinued. I highly recommend you guys who like labdanum and frankincense to try to get your hands on some so you can determine if you want to get a bottle while it's still cheap. To me, it's one of the most developed fragrances Tom Ford has ever released.
Yeah it's excellent! Did it not sell?

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
L'Artisan Tea for Two

Taking suggestions for fragrances to wear in a cat 3 hurricane. Harvey is bearing down on Houston.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah it's excellent! Did it not sell?

I don't know - I'm surprised if it didn't. It's probably because of the ingredients being too expensive.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Count me among the fans of Sahara Noir. Labdanum and frankincense are certainly the stars. If I had to guess, I'd say it was probably too dirty, especially at the top, for a lot of people. When I first tried it at Saks (right after it came out), the SA had that reaction.

Pre-shower: Amouage Opus I. I've been working through the Opus collection lately. Today was my first time trying this one. It gets mediocre reviews, but I have to say I think it's an absolutely stunning, high quality chypre, definitely on the feminine side. The top is plum and a huge cardamom. As it dries down, the floral notes take over--mainly ylang and tuberose.

SOTD: Une Fleur de Cassie by Malle. My rough listing of favorite fragrances changes quite a bit, but this one has been consistently near the top.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SOTD: Une Fleur de Cassie by Malle. My rough listing of favorite fragrances changes quite a bit, but this one has been consistently near the top.
Agree.
I've sold off many of my Malle fragrances. But not that one. UFC is a top 5 floral, maybe the best. (Vol de Nuit; Bruno Fazz Narcisse; 28 La Pausa; Serge ISM; and UFC would be my 5 florals)

Anywayz, the days are getting shorter and the nights cooler. Will soon be dusting off the autumn scents. But For the next 2-3 weeks, I am going to be applying my favorite summer splashes liberally. Tonight, AdP Assoluta. Can't get enough.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great summer scent. The EDC is very nice also.

Agree! I still have half a bottle of the original EdC which I wear sporadically.

No scent today. No shower even! Just funky sweat and eau de dogsitter.

Article 26

Reaction score
how would you describe it? have seen others talking about it online
I get a fresh citrus and quickly followed by a spicy lavender (with almost cucumber freshness), I find it warm yet fresh.

Quite nice. It was a recent buy so still finding the layers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads