Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. IChen

IChen Senior member

To above, Forte smells a little fresher. Not sure how to say it but old wasn't good but new seems more summer like?

But for real, tried on Tom ford vert des bois and I thought ehhh, don't wanna smell like grass and trees. Interesting but still.

2. losrockets

losrockets Senior member

Wore the Zegna Acqua di bergamotto today - on the dry down it smells close to Neroli Portofino but doens't project as well for me. Not disappointed in buying a full bottle given I paid $50 for the 3.4oz but wouldn't buy this at full price, I think there are several other good options for a fresh neroli/bergamot fragrance in this price range. Very pleased on the other hand w/ my sample of Creed 'Original Vetiver.' Not very vetivery-y but it smells juicy, in that mouthwatering fresh kinda way, I think it's the ginger. May need to get a bottle of this once my sample runs out, it seems to go on sale every now and then and drop into reasonable territory.

Other update: MFK Aqua Universalis disappears within 1-2 hours for me, unlike the Forte version which lasts all day long. Disappointed.

3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Eric Buterbaugh Sultry Rose. This has become one of my favorite roses. It's bright, slightly ambery, and warm spicy.

4. Alocin

Alocin Well-Known Member

Its been a while since I posted here sine the update, but today was MFK Cologne pour Matin. Definitely a light herbal scent. The bergamot and lemon come through immediately but soften quickly into the lavender and white thyme notes. I am usually not a fan of neroli because I find it overpowers a lot of other scents, at least on my skin but this one is quite nice.

5. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Féminité du Bois. I'm wearing the old Shiseido version, which is the only one I have. It's a spicy (clove, cinnamon), plummy sandalwood. Tom Ford's Plum Japonais is a softer, more versatile version of this, IMO. I enjoy both very much