1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Oh, Thomas, you and your Yatagan. [​IMG]

Normally I don't say this sort of thing, but when you've got a classic, and you actually like it, you keep coming back to it. It's almost keeping me warm today as some cold rain has blown in. One of the reasons I like Yatagan so much is that it reminds me of burning oak. So when you've got that oak log in your fireplace (and we have a fireplace now, finally) that acrid, comfortable smell, is Yatagan.

Inquiring minds want to know...Did you have the occasion to apply Curzon this past weekend?

2. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

Inquiring minds want to know...Did you have the occasion to apply Curzon this past weekend?

I did... it was the best visit we've ever had... and the shortest!!!

I will try this Curzon-theory again... probably for certain the next time I get audited. [​IMG]

3. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

Mugler's A*Men today.

4. Dmax

Dmax Senior member

Lubin Idole today.

Went to a fragnance event on Saturday and smelled a whole bunch of things. Nothing really grabbed me though.

5. rach2jlc

^Idole is a good choice... I really think that one is a standout, warm, boozy, and a little sweet. The bottle design is nice, as well.

My Scent-of-the-Day:
    Rainy and chilly today, perfect for wearing Lorenzo Villoresi Musc.

6. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Its chilly-willy out there, but the sun seems to be peeking out finally. I had a good run, and then for some reason I got into a strange blend of sunny/go-to-hell moods. So I'm wearing L'Autre.

Mrs. T. does not like this one, and I think she might just be indifferent between L'Autre, and not showering post-run.

7. culverwood

culverwood Senior member

Czech and Speake - No. 88

8. Dmax

Dmax Senior member

Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan today.

John, Have you come across any other boozy scents?

9. Babar

Babar Senior member

Oh, Thomas, you and your Yatagan. [​IMG]

Anyway, Costume National Scent for me today. I like the "Scent Intense" version better, but I ran out a few months back and so am going to go through this one before getting a new bottle. It's quite light and sweet, but has a richness and depth underneath everything that keeps it very interesting.

I haven't tried this one yet as I assumed it was just too feminine to be worn by men? I absolutely love Scent Intense though and has been complemented by complete strangers on it several times.

Today I wore Cuiron by HL. I recently scored a big 3.3oz bottle so I don't have to use it as sparingly as I did before (I also have the deostick to layer with, it's just not very strong on its own on me). I think my next purchase will be one by Tom Ford; either Black Orchid or the new Men Extreme. I haven't smelled either yet but it's always fun to buy blind[​IMG]

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today I wore Cuiron by HL. I recently scored a big 3.3oz bottle so I don't have to use it as sparingly as I did before (I also have the deostick to layer with, it's just not very strong on its own on me).

Lucky, lucky, lucky. I use Rocabar as a surrogate, but it's not a very close one. Hoarding my one small bottle for when it finally gets cold. Maybe I'll actually use some this year.

Agree on buying blind - that's how I stumbled into Yatagan. and Antaeus, for that matter. Now Curzon, I actually had a sample of that before I ordered, and now, well, let's don't discuss that one...

11. rach2jlc

I haven't tried this one yet as I assumed it was just too feminine to be worn by men? )
    Not really... it's a little lighter than Scent Intense, but it's the same scent. Sort of how the Helmut Lang EdC and EdP are the same scent, only slightly different elements focused. If you already have Scent Intense, I wouldn't actually bother getting the regular scent... because they're not really different. Scent Sheer is another you could try, if you wanted something with the same scent but lighter and good for spring days or even after going to the gym. The only one to avoid is Scent Gloss... that's the one that's candied and girlishly sweet. IMO, they probably did the Scent Gloss because none of the other versions of Scent were distinctly feminine enough. I'd get Black Orchid, btw... if you like Scent Intense I think you'll LOVE Black Orchid. John

12. BlueberryMansions

BlueberryMansions Member

Ahhhh Black Orchid. I think you will love it.

Today I wore Lacoste Homme

Tomorrow will most likley be Hanae Mori.

13. allenpa5

allenpa5 New Member

I've got on an oldie, but still a goodie. It's Versace:The Dreamer.

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today I lingered in front of that drawer in my night stand - the one containing spare shaving goodies and scents - and this time I actually had a scent in mind: Helmut Lang Cuiron. I found it and applied liberally, and I think Mrs. T likes this one, since she withheld her usual complaints. Funny enough, there's a clean note in there that is meshing with my shaving cream this morning (almond) and I kind of like the effect.

15. rach2jlc

I've got on an oldie, but still a goodie. It's Versace:The Dreamer.

Dreamer is a good one and very unconventional for a mainstream scent... I've never heard anybody neutral about it. They either love it or hate it. Personally, I always really liked it.

I also like the packaging (the rococo Medusa bottle is really great!) I haven't used the fragrance in a while, but I use the body shampoo a lot just to get a hint of the scent now and then.

For me, it's rainy and cool today, so L'artisan Voleur de Rose fits the bill nicely.

16. culverwood

culverwood Senior member

Someone has given me a bottle of Bulgari - Aqua should I use it or pass it on.

17. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

For me, it's rainy and cool today, so L'artisan Voleur de Rose fits the bill nicely.
    Good call. That and Tea for Two are my L'Artisan's of choice. Of course, there's always time for Mechant Loup, Passage de Enfer, and Timbuktu. If the circus is in town, I'll go with Dzing, so the Elephants will feel at home around me. Went with YSL Live Jazz today. I've been neglecting it lately so I figured it was worth a breakout.

18. rach2jlc

Good call. That and Tea for Two are my L'Artisan's of choice. Of course, there's always time for Mechant Loup, Passage de Enfer, and Timbuktu. If the circus is in town, I'll go with Dzing, so the Elephants will feel at home around me.

Went with YSL Live Jazz today. I've been neglecting it lately so I figured it was worth a breakout.

I like all of those and use them regularly, except for Passage d'enfer. I've never been able to use it myself, but like it on others. I never did take the plunge on Dzing! after sampling it; I never liked it as well as two other dry, weird leathery scents that I already have (Knize Ten and Parfum d'empire Cuir d'Ottoman) and so never bought the whole bottle.

I'm wearing Prada Amber today; I really like it in cooler weather.

19. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

Following the L'Artisan trend, Dzing! for me today.

20. Omega Man

Omega Man Senior member

Another L'Artisan fan, Mechant Loup for me today. It is chilly but sunny today and this scent is very well suited for this kind of weather.