• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Diptyque L'Autre. Wish it were a bit cooler for this, but I'll take what I can get at this point.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Diptyque L'Autre. Wish it were a bit cooler for this, but I'll take what I can get at this point.
How do you like this in the hot weather? I tried out Tam Dao and it didn't really work out too well in the sweltering heat.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rambo
How do you like this in the hot weather? I tried out Tam Dao and it didn't really work out too well in the sweltering heat.

For some strange reason most scents are well-behaved on me no matter the circumstances. OR it's possible that I'm immune to scents that inflict a gag reflex in others. Not sure these days. Part of this might be that I'm acclimated to the heat by running in the mornings, so further heat exposure doesn't make scents bloom like a mushroom cloud.

That said, L'Autre has been fairly spicy but still well-behaved. Mostly I get a cumin note blended with maple, which isn't quite appropriate to the weather but I don't regret wearing it. I'll definitely wear it more, along with Cuiron and Rocabar, once the temperatures drop a bit more. We'll see how it comes along then.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A mixed day today so I went with another sample: Tom Ford Black Orchid Voleur de Fleur. I don't think this one will qualify as unisex like the original did. Very feminine on me. If I had to compare it to something I'd go with L'Artisan's Voleur de Roses but with a more floral component.

Yes, I think they played around the with Black Orchid mixture to give something more overtly feminine and a little lighter to appeal to a larger crowd. I think Black Orchid was a little intense (both in scent and in price) for the average consumer. But, the original is really wonderful.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently,

Creed Royal English Leather

L'Artisan Parfumer Fou D'Absinthe

Montale Wood and Spices

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Tiffany for Men for me today. A very excellent Chypre, sort of similar to what the old Chanel Pour Monsieur was (not a coincidence, seeing as how they were designed by the same guy).

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Tiffany for Men for me today. A very excellent Chypre, sort of similar to what the old Chanel Pour Monsieur was (not a coincidence, seeing as how they were designed by the same guy).
Is the Tiffany store the only place to get this? Similar to how I can only find the Coach fragrance in the Coach store.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is the Tiffany store the only place to get this? Similar to how I can only find the Coach fragrance in the Coach store.

I've heard that even the stores have stopped discontinuing it and that it is only obtainable from Tiffany online... but that could be wrong (I haven't been inside a TIffany store for ages).

In any case, it isn't distributed outside of the Tiffany's network, so far as I know.

(P.s. I'm wearing Guerlain Vetiver this morning).

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wearing George Trumper's Curzon today. Outrageously powerful, like Antaeus with a sharper edge.

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Creed MI, great weather , sunny and 80.
smile.gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by designprofessor
Creed MI, great weather , sunny and 80.
smile.gif

You can't go wrong with MI... it may not be the most innovative fragrance in the world, but it oozes class and atmosphere. My personal favorite "all purpose" creed is still Silver Mountain Water, but MI is definitely up there for me on warm days if I want to impress somebody or feel, literally, like a million bucks.

Have you ever tried Bond Riverside Drive? If you like the MI, I think you'd love RD as well. It's got the crispness of MI and a whole lot of that "rich uncle" quality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads