• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
WHERE in the world did you find Chamade pour homme?????? If you aren't liking it, me want want!!!
smile.gif

It was a sample vial I received from a generous blogger who got his vial from TPC. He took one whiff and that was enough for him. As for myself, it's nice but the heart covers much the same ground as EL Azuree, but with a little more reserve. Actually, any reserve is more than Azuree's reserve, as it has none to speak of - pure projection. I'm sure I can layer Azuree with some powdery floral and get pretty darn close.

That said, I'll send the vial along, if you still want want.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
It was a sample vial I received from a generous blogger who got his vial from TPC. He took one whiff and that was enough for him. As for myself, it's nice but the heart covers much the same ground as EL Azuree, but with a little more reserve. Actually, any reserve is more than Azuree's reserve, as it has none to speak of - pure projection. I'm sure I can layer Azuree with some powdery floral and get pretty darn close.

That said, I'll send the vial along.

Chamade PH is one of those discontinued Guerlains that Guerlainistas like me keep trying to find for a decent price, and never do. I'll make it worth your while and throw you in something with what I'm sending you later today.
smile.gif
Thanks, T!!!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Chamade PH is one of those discontinued Guerlains that Guerlainistas like me keep trying to find for a decent price, and never do. I'll make it worth your while and throw you in something with what I'm sending you later today.
smile.gif
Thanks, T!!!

No problemo - is there anything else I can send along? Sending just one vial seems...puny.

ETA: I understand Chamade Pour Homme is part of the Les Parisiennes line - I have a friend who was in Paris up unti Christmas, and looks like she may be back at some point this year. Not sure how it would be priced in Paris, though. Should have asked her to pick up some Derby for me.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No problemo - is there anything else I can send along? Sending just one vial seems...puny.

ETA: I understand Chamade Pour Homme is part of the Les Parisiennes line - I have a friend who was in Paris up unti Christmas, and looks like she may be back at some point this year. Not sure how it would be priced in Paris, though. Should have asked her to pick up some Derby for me.

Hmmm.... I'll leave it in your capable hands. Send along anything you think I might like. I'll do the same with you.
smile.gif

I can't remember if Chamade PH is in the Les Parisiennes line or not; it very well might be. BUT, the problem with them is that they are the same old fragrances that didn't sell well at $50 a bottle... for over $200 (or 180 euros or something). I just can't imagine paying that for one...

LIke, they are putting Coriolan into that line for that price... and it's the exact same juice that didn't sell on Sentiments and stuff for $18 a bottle. Pretty much Jicky is the only Guerlain I'd not want to be without under any circumstances, even though I really like most of them and like having them around. Derby is a neat one, but seeing as how you could get Lutens Cuir Mauresque cheaper....

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hmmm.... I'll leave it in your capable hands. Send along anything you think I might like. I'll do the same with you.
smile.gif

I can't remember if Chamade PH is in the Les Parisiennes line or not; it very well might be. BUT, the problem with them is that they are the same old fragrances that didn't sell well at $50 a bottle... for over $200 (or 180 euros or something). I just can't imagine paying that for one...

LIke, they are putting Coriolan into that line for that price... and it's the exact same juice that didn't sell on Sentiments and stuff for $18 a bottle. Pretty much Jicky is the only Guerlain I'd not want to be without under any circumstances, even though I really like most of them and like having them around. Derby is a neat one, but seeing as how you could get Lutens Cuir Mauresque cheaper....

say no more, Derby has been scratched off the list. Jeebus. I had a large-ish vial of Coriolan that I let go a while back, just could not get into it. I guess there's a reason some things just don't sell.

Was sorely tempted to pick up a bottle of Habit Rouge Eau Legere on Amazon but held off - apparently the neroli overpowers the rest and I have enough of that with Unforgiveable, which I'm about to part with.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
dammit, I wanted to try something different and mentally decided to reach for the vial of CDG2Man this morning - good stuff BTW.

Instead I would up grabbing the vial of Ormonde Man and applying liberally. Not too far away from CDG in termperament - dry and somewhat smoky, but where CDG2Man is ethereal like candle smoke, OM is more grounded and solid.

Elorion

Reaction score
For the 1st time tried out Serge Lutens Chergui. Just my personal thought, but not my favorite. Good logevity, but too unisex old woman for me.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Elorion
For the 1st time tried out Serge Lutens Chergui. Just my personal thought, but not my favorite. Good logevity, but too unisex old woman for me.
Yeah, I was never a fan either. This one was, for about six months, the HOLY GRAIL OMG OMG scent on Basenotes (they get new ones every few months). Everybody kept going apeshit over it and so I decided to give it a try and was left going, "huh?" I have that reaction to most Lutens that I've tried... the seven or eight that I've tried have all felt too syrupy, sweet, thick... TOO MUCH. For one in the same vein of sweet, deep, dark orientals... I think that Parfums di Nicolai Sacre Bleu is a lot more interesting and wearable than chergui.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, Chergui never clicked for me, either.

But SL Oriental Vetiver...that's a stinker, at least as far as I've tested. A person I trust tells me it becomes magical, in around six hours or so but I don't have that kind of patience.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, Chergui never clicked for me, either.

But SL Oriental Vetiver...that's a stinker, at least as far as I've tested. A person I trust tells me it becomes magical, in around six hours or so but I don't have that kind of patience.

OV was not one I tried, so I can't speak to it, though I know a lot of folks who like it.

When I was swapping a lot on BN, I somehow acquired bottles of Chergui, Fumerie Turque, Santal Blanc (the worst of the lot... good lord this one is awful), Miel des Bois (the only one I liked, but even it is kinda too much), Arabie, Cedre, and Daim Blond.

I also had decants of Cuir Mauresque, Rahat Loukhoum, and Fruits et Bois.

Some "nose" e-friends I trust kept saying how great most of them were, so I kept giving them a try when a swap came up, but they ALWAYS just wore too heavily for me to enjoy much.

Of those, only Cuir mauresque would be one that I'd consider actually purchasing, and for the cost, I'd really just stick with Knize Ten.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't worn Guerlain in a while. Today, it's going to be "Mitsouko"!!. Feeling the chypre.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
Haven't worn Guerlain in a while. Today, it's going to be "Mitsouko"!!. Feeling the chypre.

I'm waiting for that one to hit my doorstep. Maybe in the next day or so...

But last night I had the urge to try something new, and picked up a small bottle of Azzaro Pour Homme. I'd previously tried it from a sample vial and it didn't register as something I'd be interested in, but between Turin's rhapsodic review (which wasn't so much of a review as blurb about Azzaro in general) and Baron's positive comments, I thought...why not? I've certainly paid more and gotten less, right?

Wearing it today, and very glad I bought it - it is a sharp anisic lavender, but the edginess is blunted after a short while leaving a reasonably clean, uncomplicated scent. Nothing overwrought or over-produced. A keeper.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads