1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Baron

Baron Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

I've written this before, but I find the civet in Jicky EdT to be so muted as to be invisible, especially compared to Mouchoir or the EdP. To me the EdT is all sunshine and lavender and citrus and vanilla. Just a well-groomed Guerlinadey pleasantness all around. The EdP smelled like pee and crotchsweat and I couldn't wear it.

I always thought Kouros smelled like the bathroom at Plato's Retreat at about 4 AM on a Saturday night, circa 1979. Vileness poorly hidden by industrial cleansers. I've really wanted to learn to smell that one differently, and I've tried several times. No dice.

2. dopey

dopey Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

Yes, but are you secretly attractive to your kinky coworkers? THIS is the important question.
    I agree it is important, but the thing about secrets is that you don't know them. Feel free to investigate and let me know what you find out. I would appreciate your starting by telling me which of my co-workers are the kinky ones. That has all sorts of value.
    I've written this before, but I find the civet in Jicky EdT to be so muted as to be invisible, especially compared to Mouchoir or the EdP. To me the EdT is all sunshine and lavender and citrus and vanilla. Just a well-groomed Guerlinadey pleasantness all around. The EdP smelled like pee and crotchsweat and I couldn't wear it. . .
    I agree for the most part, though I would say calling the Civet in Jicky EdT invisible is an overstatement. But it is dialed way down as compared to MdM (possibly the citrus opening in MdM also boosts your perception of the Civet; that wouldn't surprise me - it is almost like a breakaway where the Civet drafts behind the citrus leaving the peloton). Your descriptioon makes me think I would like the Jicky EdP better.

3. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

I've written this before, but I find the civet in Jicky EdT to be so muted as to be invisible, especially compared to Mouchoir or the EdP. To me the EdT is all sunshine and lavender and citrus and vanilla. Just a well-groomed Guerlinadey pleasantness all around. The EdP smelled like pee and crotchsweat and I couldn't wear it.

I always thought Kouros smelled like the bathroom at Plato's Retreat at about 4 AM on a Saturday night, circa 1979. Vileness poorly hidden by industrial cleansers. I've really wanted to learn to smell that one differently, and I've tried several times. No dice.

I'm with you on the sunshine - this EdT smells like a clear blue sky. Maybe a bit of filth around the edges but not much more thus far. [​IMG]

4. oceans11

oceans11 Senior Member

I purchased Bond Central Park over the weekend & am really liking it a lot.

5. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

Today: Tauer's L'Air du Desert Marocain. It's mainly cedar, with spices that fill out the cedar experience. Really good for winter. Might use up my sample this year and actually buy a bottle.

6. dopey

7. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Distinguished Member

Euphoria today

8. Dmax

Dmax Distinguished Member

Donna Karan Black Cashmere (re-issue).

9. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

^OOh, neat-o. I've been wanting to try some of her re-issues, especially the coveted CHAOS!

For me, it's Guerlain L'instant d'un etÃ[​IMG] for me today. This is the version of L'instant that adds Lime to the top and cuts out some of the amber/patchouli base to make it easier for daywear and a little brighter.

10. Dmax

Dmax Distinguished Member

Ya, Mrs Dmax bought some for herself but I kind of like it too. I have Chaos planned for next week. [​IMG]

11. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

Today: Caron Pour un Homme for some Christmas shopping, errands, cooking, and an evening party.

12. FlyingLotus

CDG Anbar

13. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

14. FlyingLotus

Has anyone tried the new "Six Scents" series

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/categ...=449&section=1

Sounds interesting for those interested in fashion as well as fragrances. Sorry if this has been posted before.

I haven't seen that before, looks interesting.
    I'd love to find them locally to try them out, No. 4 sounds different!

15. dopey