Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. audiophilia

audiophilia Senior member

Floris Santal today.

Really lovely.

2. juicemakesugar

juicemakesugar Senior member

Initially tried on some Brandy EDT without blotting a couple drops on a piece of a papper to sample. Big mistake. Scrubbed both wrists until raw then applied some Egoiste Platinum.

3. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Guerlain Pamplelune for me today... grapefruit, vanilla, and patchouli makes for a very unique citrus with depth and some funk.

4. TxdoHawk

TxdoHawk Senior member

Had a bunch of samples shoved on me recently, so I'm slowly working through them. Yesterday was Escada Moon Sparkle, which reminded me a little too much of an air freshener.

Today is Burberry Touch, which I'm enjoying. Unique scent, but with just enough male assertiveness in the mix.

5. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Guerlain Vetiver (vintage formula)

6. rach2jlc

Jil Sander Stylessence EdP Intense today. A dark, rich, very "modern" sort of scent and one of the few with a discernible hinoki (Japanese cypress) note. It sort of reminds me of a 23rd century version of Costume National Scent Intense, only drier and less heavy.

7. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Le Labo Vetiver 46. I was supposed to switch to Douro for the evening, but forgot.

8. longskate88

longskate88 Senior member

California North 'Fresh(?)' today-small company based in Sausalito. Very Sexy by Victoria's Secret on other days.

9. dopey

Le Labo Vetiver 46. I was supposed to switch to Douro for the evening, but forgot.

I tried to remedy the error with an application of Derby, which is quite similar to Douro. So far, it is going o.k.

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today: Chanel Pour Monsieur for a long last day of the weekend.

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Early Monday morning: BOO!!!

Chanel Antaeus: YAY!!!

12. rach2jlc

YSL Cinema for me today, Tom Ford's last fragrance project at YSL before he left in 2004. This one is a weird one... vanilla and woods in the base, but a dry flower and almond in the top notes. It's not exactly masculine, but hardly feminine either. It's a weird, subtle, woody, almost smokey and bitter fragrance that nevertheless is strangely compelling...

13. Shakermaker

Shakermaker Senior member

Hi. I'm new to the fragrance game and I went out yesterday to pick up some samples to try. Today I'm wearing Bigarade Concentree by Frederic Malle which I picked up at Barneys. I like it very much so far. It's supposed to be a bitter orange scent which I get, however it also reminds me of gin and tonic....I find this interesting.

14. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

Hi. I'm new to the fragrance game and I went out yesterday to pick up some samples to try. Today I'm wearing Bigarade Concentree by Frederic Malle which I picked up at Barneys. I like it very much so far. It's supposed to be a bitter orange scent which I get, however it also reminds me of gin and tonic....I find this interesting.

Funny review of Bigarade on Basenotes: "Cab driver eats an orange."
    I own it as well and like it. Turns to a soft floral after a while on me, complete opposite of the opening whammy.

For me today - L'Artisan, Tea for Two, paired with a navy chalk stripe suit and a cold morning.

15. dopey

I tried to remedy the error with an application of Derby, which is quite similar to Douro. So far, it is going o.k.

An observation about Douro/Derby: I have noticed that the Penhaligon's scents I use are non-temporal in that they tend to stay within a very narrow range from the moment you put them on until they fade away. Douro, for example always smells like Douro; same with Blenheim Bouquet. Derby goes through a phase, especially in the opening, where it is very much like Douro - I suspect that is the classic chypre accord - and then changes into something else, something more reminiscent of Habit Rouge and perhaps generic Guerlainish.

English Fern, while it stays within a narrow band, does shift a bit more than the pther two Penahaligon's scents I mentioned.

Today, Blemnhein Bouquet.