Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Would you have worn this if McCain had won?

Yes. I wore it in honor of the election.

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today, continuing the stinker-themed week... Today...EL Azuree. And fortunately - because I keep this bottle at the back of my drawer, under lock and key - I remembered to spray only once. Even then it's still monstrously powerful and somewhat overbearing. But I loves it.

3. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Today, continuing the stinker-themed week... Today...EL Azuree. And fortunately - because I keep this bottle at the back of my drawer, under lock and key - I remembered to spray only once. Even then it's still monstrously powerful and somewhat overbearing. But I loves it.

The world's cheapest stinker for me today, 4711. Remember this stuff? Smells like lemon floor cleaner? Costs about a nickel for 10 gallons?

It's going to be fun today...

4. VictorC

VictorC Senior member

Ive heard many times that Armani Code is a good aftershave. Anyone have any experience of it. Im not convinced it is as good as ive heard.

5. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

^^ if you're asking whether it smells good - that's a question of personal preference. I think it's fine for smell's sake.

If you're wondering whether it soothes razor burn and is otherwise effective in toning your face, I would guess (just guessing here...) there are better and far cheaper alternatives.

And if you're considering this as a compromise product - killing two birds with one stone - I know very few people who take this route, partly because the fragrance oils can be a nasty irritant to a freshly-shaven face.

6. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

The world's cheapest stinker for me today, 4711. Remember this stuff? Smells like lemon floor cleaner? Costs about a nickel for 10 gallons?

It's going to be fun today...

Don't you have to refresh that like every 45 minutes or so?

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

LV Vetiver today, finished the last of my sample this morning,
    Now to decide if i wanna spend $130 on it [​IMG]

Ill probably cave in...

Damn that's a lot of coin IMHO, but if you've used up the sample and still love it, then it's probably money well-spent.

8. rach2jlc

Don't you have to refresh that like every 45 minutes or so?

More like fifteen. [​IMG]

9. VictorC

VictorC Senior member

^^ if you're asking whether it smells good - that's a question of personal preference. I think it's fine for smell's sake.

If you're wondering whether it soothes razor burn and is otherwise effective in toning your face, I would guess (just guessing here...) there are better and far cheaper alternatives.

Yeah im jusst wondering about the smell. Is it the best ever armani aftershave, smellwise?
    How old is Armani code black?

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

^ I can hardly keep up with the Armani releases, much less the Prive series. Best Armani ever? Jeez. Hard to say. I can't recall any losers in the Armani line, though. Sniff them and trust your nose, because my opinion doesn't mean a thing if you don't like it.

And the bigger truth is: for every scent out there, someone loves it, someone else hates it, and most everyone else is somewhere in between the two. The really good scents just have fewer indifferent people.

11. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

Today is Gucci Rush for men,
    I cant wear this one too often, but its good occasionally.

12. VictorC

VictorC Senior member

^ I can hardly keep up with the Armani releases, much less the Prive series. Best Armani ever? Jeez. Hard to say. I can't recall any losers in the Armani line, though. Sniff them and trust your nose, because my opinion doesn't mean a thing if you don't like it.

And the bigger truth is: for every scent out there, someone loves it, someone else hates it, and most everyone else is somewhere in between the two. The really good scents just have fewer indifferent people.

I dont know much about aftershaves. But i once smelt a really nice smell on a guy and i wish i knew what it was. Very frustrating to not know and being to awkward to ask the guy.
    Yes but true, everyone has different faves when it comes to aftershaves. But i still heard Code was really good.

13. rach2jlc

Friday, needing a Stinker de la Resistance. As such, duh duh dummmm, I went with:

KISS for Him.

WHAT? You may ask? Well, yes, KISS made a fragrance. A friend, as a joke, sent a small bottle to me. It's actually quite unique, though it smells terrible. It's like a cherry gumdrop soaked in someone's armpit. Seriously.

I'm going to be a big hit in class today. I may even layer it with the last bits of the Kingdom Body Creme...

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

^^^That sounds appalling!

I am comfortably ensconced in my office reeking powerfully of Yatagan. It was that or Giorgio for Men, and if Mrs. Thomas had still been asleep I might have layered the two.

15. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

lol Rach, I wanna smell that KISS cologne now..

Today I'm wearing a sample of CDG2, I like this one - smells like grapes & ink