1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Alocin

Alocin Well-Known Member

Wearing Kedu by Memo today and its becoming a favorite every day I wear it.

Immediately get the grapefruit rind and neroli which lasts for some time even as top notes.

But then the white musk and mossy freesia notes come out in a very nice way. Even though I think some would consider this to be more of a spring scent I really enjoy it at all times, even though its getting chilly in CA, mainly because of the musky mossy notes.

2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I'm wearing MPG George Sand today. It's one of my favorite patchouli scents.

1 person likes this.
  3. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Dyptique Essence of John Galliano today. This is a room spray but I wear it on my body, not sure if they still make this or not. This has a distinct creosote/birch tar smokey note that gives way to a spicy incense, but there's also a light, soapy note (lavender? maybe frankincense from reading other things online) underlying the composition which makes the scent way more transparent and friendly than it might sound. If you can still find this I recommend it to anyone that likes incense fragrances. Being a room spray, it was very cheap for an oversize bottle.

1 person likes this.
  4. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I love the candle.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  5. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Ha, funny, i've got the same one at home. I bought it pretty cheap when the Galiano thing happened and everyone steered clear of him. I believe Diptyque dropped all the products so I got my room spray for pretty cheap. I intended to use it as a personal spray but have found the birch tar a bit too sharp for my liking. Forgot I even had this one. I mostly use Feu de Bois as a home scent now, when I use anything at all.

6. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Damn. "Essence of John Galliano" must have been a hard sell after his crazy anti-Semitic rant a few years ago.

1 person likes this.
  7. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I had, and liked, that Galliano Dyptique candle when it first came out. Woody, smoky. But now I can't stand that guy and won't buy his shit. Good riddance. I wouldn't want to own it even if it was marked down. Same goes for the current Margiela stuff, which I find ugly anyway! (sorry for rant :)

--

Today: YSL M7

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Alocin

Alocin Well-Known Member

Wearing L'homme Sage EDP by Divine today. A really nice, warm fall fragrance with saffron and incense and cardamom and light orange at the top.

Its a very calm spicy scent that develops into something more woody, amber scent. A beautiful scent.

3 people like this.
  9. Baron

One way to think about the Galliano scent is to think of it as - Essence of Olivia Giacobetti, a perfumer I adore - and just remove the label! Who knows how much Galliano had to do with it anyway. Maybe he gets a licensing fee, which would suck. Unless you buy it used! Anyway, it's a nice scent.

10. L'Incandescent

I wore L'Artisan Al Oudh today.

11. Master-Classter

Oooh, you guys are cranking out some of my favorites in there. Al Oudh and L'Homme Sage. Great ones!

12. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Good to know. I do like the scent. I just ordered a bunch of Olivia's samples on Lucky Scent. Thanks for the tip.

13. Master-Classter

Well... last call on this one. I'm moving countries in a few days so if anyone's interested, it's a pretty sweet box here. Just shoot me a PM and offer and it's yours.

14. Dirt

Dirt Senior member

Just stumbled upon this thread. Look forward to hearing about new scents from you guys. Today, I'm wearing the new CDG Black Pepper. Love it right out of the bottle and it settles very nicely on me.

15. Baron

All that talk about Tam Dao got me to try it out today. I've had this decant for at least 10 years, and it's been nearly that long since I've tried it. It smells a lot more of sandalwood to me now, and less of cedar. It's a a bit too linear for my taste, but it's a nice scent. Rich and creamy.

16. Alocin

Alocin Well-Known Member

Earlier this morning had on Le Musc &a La Peau. A very light, musky scent that seems to really make my skin scents come out. A really interesting scent when used by itself, I've never layered it.

Tonight I will be wearing Straight to Heaven by Kilian.

17. L'Incandescent

Amouage Myths Man. It's an ashy elemi scent that's much more contemporary than a lot of Amouage's offerings. I like it a lot.

18. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I think Myths Man is good, but it's too much like Etat Libre d'Orange La Fin Du Monde to my nose.
    Today I wore Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui - one of my all time favorites and a leathery gem not unlike Guerlain Derby but for a very small fraction of the price.

19. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Some things I've been wearing:

HL Cuiron: Picked up because Parker has been posting about it a lot. Nice, soft suede leather. Hint of gasoline. Really nice, but I can't tell if it doesn't last long on my skin cause I'm spraying a small sample vial, or if it genuinely doesn't last long. Thinking about picking up a bottle though. Wearing it today with a suede leather jacket.

Invasion Barbare: So many good reviews online, but it just feels like a violet fougere to me. Definitely a nice fragrance, although it doesn't wow me as much as I thought it would. Performance is amazing though.

Penhaligon's Sartorial: Feel corny for liking this given the marketing pitch, but I do. Soft Brut with a hint of Grey Flannel. Thinking about picking up a bottle, although like Cuiron, it doesn't seem to last long on my skin.

20. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

You should try, if you haven't already, Histoires de Parfums 1725, which is similar to Invasion Barbare.