1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today I wore Interlude Man again - I'm really digging this scent.

This evening I am wereing Knize Ten.

1 person likes this.
  2. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

I also really dig Interlude Man, but find that I am limited to cooler weather to wear it. I almost got a split a couple months ago but opted for Beloved Man instead. (along with Memoir Man)

3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Maison Martin Margiela Replica Lipstick On. This is a makeup scent broadly in the style of Chanel Misia and ELDO Putain des Palaces. It's a sweet powdery iris and heliotrope scent. I'm enjoying this one very much.

4. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today I am wearing Amouage Fate Man - a very arid smelling fragrance.

1 person likes this.
  5. Alocin

Alocin Well-Known Member

Knize Ten is starting to grow on me but I am still slightly on the fence about it.

Today I am wearing CoSTUME National Homme. Its just a simple, masculine scent. Opens up on me with slight citrus and cinnamon/clove and dries later into a more woody fragrance.

6. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

I know it's too late now anyway, but to me, Tam Dao is 90% identical to CdG Wonderwood (for better or for worse.)

1 person likes this.
  7. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I find Santal 33 more like a warm spicey scent, like slowly burning wood and a spice cabinet. A little synthetic and high pitched and huge projection and longevity. I find Tam Dao sits much closer to the body and is cool and smooth and creamy. So about as different as two sandalwood scents can get really.

1 person likes this.
  8. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

So, trying Caron Narcisse Noir today. Decanted vintage sample, EDT. Never tried anything like it and it's hard to describe. It is woody and musky, but it is also citrusy and smoky. It's very clean nonetheless, nothing "animalistic" about it. Sweet and dark, is how it feels. Not sure how that works in words, but in person it's very inviting.

9. L'Incandescent

Pre-shower: Elizabeth and James Nirvana White. It's an unpleasant, sour peony and musk.

SOTD: Galop d'Hermès. I didn't like this at first but it's really growing on me. The opening is really leathery, which I don't like a lot, but as it develops it becomes more rosy, but also more tart. It's the tartness that I'm enjoying. I think it comes mainly from the quince. I'm not especially familiar with quince in real life, so I'm not competely sure, but given the note pyramid I think it's a reasonable guess.

10. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Dior Leather Oud today. Terrible and great at the same time. Stinky, civet-y, leathery, smokey, oud-y. Wouldn't want a whole bottle of this stuff, but it's weirdly nice every once in a while.

11. jlasya

jlasya Member

also got dior leather oud on today....oooooo baby this is great

I love the honey smell against the civet. brilliant!!

This and interlude would have to be my all time favourites

12. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Today: Helmut Lang Eau de Parfum (femme)
    I had a small original bottle of this which I went through awhile ago. I just picked up the re-issue version and have been wearing it for the past week. Lovely floral, powdery musk.

re: Le Labo Santal, I've always wanted to like it, but it somehow never clicked with me. Then a girlfriend of mine came over wearing it and I thought it was great on her. So, whatevs.

@L'Incandescent I finally gave the Dries x Malle another shot and I totally warmed to it. I think it's a better cool weather frag for me. Too "thick" for summer.

1 person likes this.
  13. L'Incandescent

Yes, I definitely agree about Dries van Noten being better for fall and winter.

Also, I've always thought that people overestimated the degree to which scents smell different on different people's skin. But lately I've been noticing how the same scent smells extremely different on my girlfriend's skin, to the point where I enjoy the scent on my skin and dislike it on hers or vice versa.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  14. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

The TLDR on this is that after hour 5 it's more or less 100% Guerlain Mitsouko. Not what I expected, and a bit disappointed after that promising opening. A bit too feminine at that stage.

15. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

It goes further than that. I toggle between 3-4 different shower lotions at a time and it can make a significant difference as to how a scent wears.
    Aesop Coriander will bring out the worst in CdG Black for instance, full blown ashtray.

16. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Yesterday I wore a sample of Amouage Interlude Man. I think I need a split of this. It was in my nose all day in a good way. Great longevity. Definitely unique.

1 person likes this.
  17. Harrydog

Harrydog Senior member

I am going to wear Oud Palao by Diptyque. The challenge will be to resist smelling my wrist all day!

18. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today I'm wearing Thé Noir 29. This is some powerful stuff. There's actually a fermented/malted component to it that is not unlike Oud 27.

19. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I find the oregano note in the opening of Interlude really hard to get past but after that it's totally worth it :)

20. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

TF Amber Absolute today. [​IMG]