Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Ha, People are stopping at my door, but only the brave (or nasally stopped up) are venturing inside my office. Wonder why I don't wear this every day.

2. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Ha, People are stopping at my door, but only the brave (or nasally stopped up) are venturing inside my office. Wonder why I don't wear this every day.

Sometime you should try Creed Orange Spice. It's like Kouros, only stinkier. And with oranges!

3. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Jicky for me today. I haven't worn this one in ages. Lord, it stinks, but I love it. In this cooler weather the baby shit comes alive and the lavender tones down... it's truly unique and not something that can be adequately described. You can definitely tell it's been around since the 1870's...
    What strength Jicky? Today Pen. Blenheim Bouquet. On the subject of strength . . . I was sitting with my wife at the Opera this weekend and, just before the curtain opened for the second half, I asked her what perfume she was wearing? She told me to guess and held up her wrist. "Nothing," I guessed. She was surprised and said "what are you talking about, I feel like I have been gagging on it" and gave me her wrist again. I still smelled nothing and sat back. Then it hit me. "Angel. I felt like I've been sitting in a chocolate bar all night and had no idea why." Though it was wafting off of her or all night, I smelled nothing on her skin.

4. rach2jlc

^For daily wear, I just do the EdT. The EdP and parfum are what you'd really want to get the full effect, but there's only so much full-on babyshit civet that my coworkers can take.

The EdT definitely gives you the "effect," but all around it softens and gives you a more pleasant, subtler experience.

5. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

Im starting my stinky week off with Lorenzo Villoresi Vetiver,
    this stuff is pretty potent, im still not sure i can pull it off - but its definitely the most stank cologne i have right now...

6. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I get none of the civet effect from Jicky EdT. The PdT was unwearable for me and I sold it a few years ago.

I've been neglecting most of my scents all summer except for a handful of faves, but I dug into my wardrobe and wore l'air du desert moroccain and Vetiver Oriental on this past rainy weekend. I havdn't been in the mood for big orientals for a long time but it was a nice change of pace and my girlfriend loved both of them.

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Im starting my stinky week off with Lorenzo Villoresi Vetiver,
    this stuff is pretty potent, im still not sure i can pull it off - but its definitely the most stank cologne i have right now...

I don't see how anything vetiver is stanky. What else does LV put in there???

8. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

I don't see how anything vetiver is stanky. What else does LV put in there???

It may not be really stanky, but it is pretty strong and spicy - very distinct...
    At first I didnt really like it, but its quickly growing on me!

I recommend checking it out at least

9. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

It may not be really stanky, but it is pretty strong and spicy - very distinct...
    At first I didnt really like it, but its quickly growing on me!

I recommend checking it out at least

hmmm. may have to check into samples for this one...

10. rach2jlc

I get none of the civet effect from Jicky EdT. The PdT was unwearable for me and I sold it a few years ago.

I've been neglecting most of my scents all summer except for a handful of faves, but I dug into my wardrobe and wore l'air du desert moroccain and Vetiver Oriental on this past rainy weekend. I havdn't been in the mood for big orientals for a long time but it was a nice change of pace and my girlfriend loved both of them.

Like I said above, the EdT is a LOT more subtle, but does give you the overall "Jicky-ness" but in a much more manageable way. That's why I like it for daily wear.

The Parfum is fun for reminding you how things might have been 100 years ago, but I agree that it's rather unruly for regular use in normal society.

11. Jferg4350

Jferg4350 Senior member

I smelled the new Gucci by Gucci. I must buy this.

12. rach2jlc

Guerlain Nahema for me today. You want a LOUD (but non-synthetic) ROSE note? Well, it'll give you a loud rose note.

13. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Kingdom.

No, wait, I applied a bit more than usual since I'm planning on reviewing it. so let's try this again:

Kingdom

14. rach2jlc

Kingdom.

No, wait, I applied a bit more than usual since I'm planning on reviewing it. so let's try this again:

Kingdom

I can just see the "intervention" at work today.

T's boss calls him in to talk about the importance of "daily bathing for hygiene."

When you tell him, "Hey, I paid a lot of money to smell like this!" I think you just might get yourself a mandatory "vacation." [​IMG]

15. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I can just see the "intervention" at work today.

T's boss calls him in to talk about the importance of "daily bathing for hygiene."

When you tell him, "Hey, I paid a lot of money to smell like this!" I think you just might get yourself a mandatory "vacation." [​IMG]

Then I can go vote. Also I didn't pay for this decant. And I like this. This is win/win/win at its finest.