Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

No need. I just ordered one of these. Not too expensive, but the installation is a bitch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whatever gets you out of bed in the morning!

2. Dmax

Dmax Senior member

Love both of these, especially the Ambre Russe. Next to Armani Prive Ambre Soie, the d'empire is my favorite. But, unfortunately the Prive is priced out of the stratosphere, so I think the d'empire is the way to go. Cuir Ottoman is nice, too... I love the rather oily, bitter take on the leather.
    I like the d'empire's take on amber and how it is different from L'Artisan or Lutens. I never tried the Armani line. I am going to check with the spousal unit, maybe she has a sample.

3. juicemakesugar

juicemakesugar Senior member

Yesterday: Varvatos Vintage
    Today: Varvatos

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Yesterday: Varvatos Vintage
    Today: Varvatos

How does the Vintage differ from the regular Varvatos?

5. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Received a sample of the new Guerlain Homme and am wearing it today. I like it so far, but it's too soon to decide if I really like it or consider it bottle-worthy.

I also got a sample of TF's new "White Patchouli;" I'm REALLY liking that one.

6. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

7. rach2jlc

Tiffany for Men today. A wonderful, classy fragrance, but it was made by the same fellow who did Chanel PM and the two are VERY similar (the Tiffany is more like the original Chanel).

I still like the Chanel better (and the Chanel is easier to find), but if you want something excellent for business, very subtle, and off-the-radar, this one is a good bet.

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Yesterday, after all the chores and housework, I wore John Varvatos. Not yet sure about today. Maybe something Ambery, or appropriate for a one y-o's birthday. Viold d'Ambre, perhaps?

9. rach2jlc

Yesterday, after all the chores and housework, I wore John Varvatos. Not yet sure about today. Maybe something Ambery, or appropriate for a one y-o's birthday. Viold d'Ambre, perhaps?
    If you don't want the kid or other kids to bug you, try TDC's Sel de Vetiver. Kids HATE that one... Edit at 3:00 pm. Tiffany for men wore off and so for this evening, when I go to see Barry O'Bammer at the Stadium, it's JICKY time. Nothing better to say both "liberal elite" AND "I think your policies suck" than a fragrance that costs an arm and a leg and smells like dirty baby diapers.

10. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Ended up wearing Nicole Miller. Slightly standoffish to the chidrun but okay with the folks. They still climbed on me - one was not quite 2, one has just turned 1, and one was a few weeks old. The 2-year-old was the most fun.

12. juicemakesugar

juicemakesugar Senior member

I'm going to have to designate another Varvatos/Vintage testing day because for the life of me I can't remember the differences between the two.

Yesterday was a bit chilly so I put on some Issey for a change.

13. rach2jlc

Jicky for me today. I haven't worn this one in ages. Lord, it stinks, but I love it. In this cooler weather the baby shit comes alive and the lavender tones down... it's truly unique and not something that can be adequately described. You can definitely tell it's been around since the 1870's...

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

^^ - heh, another stinker today - Kouros, the original. Applied liberally, since I'd forgotten how potent this one is.

15. rach2jlc

I propose, SF Fragrance friends, a joint effort amongst all of us to stink up our worlds this week.

SO, I bring you Nov. 2-6: THE WEEK OF STINKERS.

Please only wear your smelliest fragrances today through Friday. Think of it as a fall Getaway, a protest about the election, or anything you want.

And post the results. So far, Jicky has not been noticed by any students or colleagues. I may have to reapply at lunch.