1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Yes, I'd forgotten about Kilian and Bond; I've basically given up on both of those brands too, even though there's a small number of Kilians that I do enjoy. I typically enjoy Diptyque and Le Labo, but not enough to make sure to try everything they release.

2. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Tonight I'm wearing Volutes by Diptyque. It's a very good fragrance but it is redundant to me with the owning of Lutens' Chergui.

3. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

L'Artisan's Tea For Two today - the old one. This is one of my favourite tea fragrances, but it does go a bit too sweet on me after a few hours. Probably leans a little towards the feminine.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  4. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

I tried Le Labo but didn't find any of them appealing beyond Rose 31--and that was a very ordinary experience, too. Killian does have some nice offerings, I think--can't remember names off the top of my head.

5. TheShoeMaker

TheShoeMaker Well-Known Member

SOTD Diptyque - Oud Palao - on my skin, there isnt really alot going on here, I would've wished for it to settle down a bit and not be so edgy like you're sniffing it right out of the bottle. There is no maturing dry down so I guess I get a bit bored from it? Anyone experienced this?

6. L'Incandescent

TF Jonquille de Nuit. It's a sweet, summery narcissus. It's pleasant for sure, but I don't enjoy it enough to make it a regular in my rotation.

7. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I happen to really like this one, and I'm guessing that it's the cypriol that makes it so edgy throughout the fragrance's life.

Today I put on Nicolai's New York Intense - it's very similar to Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  8. crdb

crdb Senior member

Masque l'Attesa today, a proper wearing for the first time instead of just the arm.

There's something very polished and reserved about this fragrance. It's distinguished, almost classical in its sobriety. Unfortunately, today is Sunday so it's a bit of a mismatch. But I'll be sure to give it another go on a weekday. It's a bit like going out in a linen shirt and slacks, sans jacket, and then putting on your finest Sam Hober 6-fold in something very formal like a small silver houndstooth suitable for a wedding. It doesn't work with casual.

The yeast disappeared again after about half an hour, which is good. I'm really not a fan of the yeast part of the fragrance, no matter their branding it "champagne". I guess you can't just bottle up iris and sell it, you have to do something with it, and whilst I dislike it because I bake my own bread and it reminds me of that, I understand the pairing which is skilfully done.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  9. TheShoeMaker

TheShoeMaker Well-Known Member

SOTD Acqua di Parma Cedro di Taormina

10. California Dreamer

MP&G Parfum d'Habit. Learned opinion from the wife: "God, that's strong!".

11. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

Noir de Noir.

12. rossoz

rossoz Senior member

Acqua di Gio- Body Spray So fresh smelling....

Cheers,

13. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today I wore Hermes Vetiver Tonka.
    This evening I am wearing Guerlain Vetiver.

14. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Senior member

Penhaligon's - Sartorial for me today. It's the friendliest scent I own

15. L'Incandescent

Jul et Mad Garuda. It's a very pleasant, sweet saffron and oud scent. Jul et Mad is on my short list of very favorite fragrance houses.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  16. California Dreamer

I got out Pardon today. This one is heavy on the oud and has quite a deal of projection. Much more intrusive than most of the scents that I wear, but in a good way.

17. haTTer

haTTer Senior member

Guerlain Vetiver Extreme.
    Yesterday was Givenchy Gentleman by Givenchy is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. ... Top notes are honey, cinnamon, bergamot, rose, lemon and tarragon; middle notes are patchouli, orris root, jasmine and cedar; base notes are leather, amber, patchouli, musk, oakmoss, vanilla, vetiver and cive

18. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today I'm wearing Tuscan Leather.

19. L'Incandescent

Diptyque Eau Rose today. I am wearing a pink striped shirt (stripes are pink and lighter pink) that also has a floral pattern. So I thought Eau Rose would be a good complement.

1 person likes this.
  20. rossoz

rossoz Senior member

You are brave... :<) I love wearing pink stripes myself and almost always get comments at my golf club.

Cheers,