1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

MdO Oudh today (now Oudh Osmanthus). Very refined oudh, and the osmanthis is an interesting touch, with a sort of tart apricoty note.

2. TheShoeMaker

TheShoeMaker Well-Known Member

Aventus today, but didnt get all the oud off from yesterday evening so it has an interesting touch to it.. I really like aventus but the longevity is always such a disappointment..

3. TheShoeMaker

Asking around if some can recommend something similar to Etat d'libre orange divin'enfant. Im getting really fond of it and have tried it on twice now, unfortunately the shop doesnt have any samples of it. I recall some amouage, tom fords - any other nice soft gourmands?

4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

The only thing I've smelled that is in the ballpark of Divin'Enfant is Love by Kilian. Both have an orange blossom and marshmallow sweetness. It's been a while since I've smelled Divin'Enfant, but my memory is that Love is even sweeter.

I'm wearing Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche. It's creamy lemon and vetiver. I used to love this and so I bought a whole bottle, but now I just find it okay. Vetiver is a note that often doesn't agree with me.

5. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

amber absolute tonight. i prefer the stephane humbert lucas version...it is a little less spicy and a little more caramel-sweet.

6. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today I'm wearing Etat Libre d'Orange's Tom of Finland - I really liked this one at first and ended up buying a 50 mL bottle but now find it pretty cloying.

7. L'Incandescent

I've been a big fan of Tom of Finland since I first tried it. I still enjoy it a lot.

My SOTE is Oud 27. As with many Le Labo scents, the name is very misleading. What stands out most to me are somewhat bitter incense and patchouli notes. The very top reminds me of a brewery. (I live in St. Louis, where they brew Budweiser. When you drive by the brewery, it smells a bit like Oud 27.)

8. TheShoeMaker

SOTD Geranium pour monsieur by Malle, really love the mint top notes! Almost saddening when it dries down

1 person likes this.
  9. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Same here.

Went old school today, with Aramis. This packs a degree of projection missing from almost all my modern fragrances. I guess it's not really an office scent, but I enjoyed wearing it for a change.

10. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today I'm wearing Amouage Memoir Man. Such a fantastic dark scent.

1 person likes this.
  11. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Really? Like yeasty? I live by Miller Brewery and when the wind is right I can smell the brewing. I love that smell. (Also kinda like baking bread)

12. L'Incandescent

I'm not sure if I've just got a really idiosyncratic perception of this one, but yes.

13. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

It's less yeasty (as in the smell of toasted bread) and more malty, but it definitely has a brewery smell.

14. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Im wearing TF oud wood today (ironically) and I could see how a oud could stray into that malty yeasty smell. Ill have to try the Labo.

15. L'Incandescent

I wore Remarkable People today. It's a tangy, champagney scent with a prominent cardamom note too. It's a little bit reminiscent of YSL Yvresse (originally called Champagne; they had to change the name for legal reasons I think).

1 person likes this.
  16. crdb

crdb Senior member

Quote:Why not? I'd say Aramis is at the centre of my "professional" rotation.

17. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Also, Lutens Gris Clair has a strong sort of wet dough aspect to it i guess kindof yeasty

I just got back from an event here in Toronto at the Guerlain store where Thierry Vasser attended and I got to chat a bit with him about the house and scents and materials etc. Sipped some Moet, ate some lobster grilled cheese and sprayed on some smellies (Songe D'Un Bois D'ete). Was good times :)

3 people like this.
  18. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

Did anyone else notice that Terre d'Hermes disappears quite quickly after putting it on? I don't think I could find EDP so I might have the EDT and maybe that's why. Or, perhaps the sprays disappear more quickly than just putting it on one's skin? When I would just pour a small sample on my skin it seemed to last all day.

Do people generally use the sprays?

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  19. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

Le Labo Santal 33 today. Not my favorite...but its a sandalwood thing.

20. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

This fragrance is very heavy with Iso E Super, which causes olfactory fatigue in many wearers, resulting in you not smelling it but others around still can. Maybe that's your situation.

Tonight I'm wearing Chanel Cuir de Russie extrait.