• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Moss Breches for me today. I just realized that I've worn Tom Ford three days in a row now. I didn't do it on purpose.

Also, just to entertain myself, I like to pronounce "Breches" as if it were a Spanish word. It's funnier that way.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I'm on my avant-garde **** today with Lush's Breath of God.

oy, yeah I just couldn't get into that one either. Sort of a mentholated smokey dirty green scent, blech, it's giving me a headache just thinking about it. I think I sniffed it like 5-10 times over a few years trying to get the appeal but just gave my decant away eventually. Way too 'raw' for me. Horses for courses I guess.

I am wearing Antiheros today. Masterclasster is the hero, having given me this. Thank you.

My pleasure! :nodding:

Wore some Le Labo Neroli 36 the other day. Juicy, fruity, fresh water. Serious tenacity on this one, like nuclear.

Earlier this week used a sample of Malle's Barney's exclusive Outrageous! Sort of a crisp green apple opening and then much to my surprise, it had a very strong neroli note, which reminded me exactly of something, I think Neroli Portofino but will have to double check that. But I got a complete clone vibe of something I've smelled before. Even still, it seems so tame and boring and avant-guarde without really being unique considering the source. If I meet Malle again I'll ask him how it all happened.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have switched into MDCI Rose de Siwa for the eveningtime hours.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I know that this is not a fragrance per se, but L'Occitane Baux deodorant is quite possibly the best-smelling deodorant I have come across.

As you probably know, it is based on L'Occitane's very popular Eau des Baux fragrance.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score

As you probably know, it is based on L'Occitane's very popular Eau des Baux fragrance.

I actually had no idea before I got this. After looking it up (because of how impressed I was) I found that out. I have had very little experience with L'Occitane outside of what my mother buys for herself.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today: Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Violet Blonde by Tom Ford today.

What do you all think of litchi? I wore Rose de Siwa last night, and I had the experience I always have, which is mild disappointment. It's such an expensive scent, but it smells cheap to me. And I realized it's because I always associate litchi with cheapness. Because it has a wet and sweet smell, I associate it with girl fragrances in bright pink bottles that you find at TJ Maxx. I find that i like litchi if it's buried in the mix, but if it's too prominent I don't like it.

STATcurse

Reaction score
Comme des Garcons x Monocle Sugi. I like this but the longevity/sillage is weak. Not full bottle worthy but rather nice while it is around.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Comme des Garcons x Monocle Sugi. I like this but the longevity/sillage is weak. Not full bottle worthy but rather nice while it is around.

Yeah, I was underwhelmed by this one.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Violet Blonde by Tom Ford today.

What do you all think of litchi? I wore Rose de Siwa last night, and I had the experience I always have, which is mild disappointment. It's such an expensive scent, but it smells cheap to me. And I realized it's because I always associate litchi with cheapness. Because it has a wet and sweet smell, I associate it with girl fragrances in bright pink bottles that you find at TJ Maxx. I find that i like litchi if it's buried in the mix, but if it's too prominent I don't like it.

I'm not a fan of tropical fruit scents because they are cheap smelling. As for fruit in general, I like the berry in Tuscan Leather and Portrait of a Lady but that's it.

And **** Aventus.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads