• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pre-shower: Baudelaire
SOTD: Al Oudh

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

M-C
I figure once you're over 40 it's all game over right? Funny, I used to think about being over 30 at getting older, now that I'm getting close, I'm thinking of guys as 50-60 as 'old'.

Be nice to me, I hit 60 today....
Btw
It ain't over (til the fat lady sings...)

Happy Birthday James. Nice to see another gentleman of matured sensibilities around here. Ans as for M-C - :tounge:

In honour of Movember, I sampled Moustache. As lovely as I remember it, but didn't last too long. I need to try this one again.

BTW, conoisseurs of facial hair should pop over the the Australian thread and check out thebrownman's mo after just 9 days. Jaw-dropping.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cuir Mauresque today. Starts with a beautiful leather + orange blossom accord with a drop of soap. Right there it is near perfection. Then the jasmine kicks in, taking the frag in a very floral direction. And so at the moment not surE about CM.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like CM - smells a lot like Knize Ten but softer and with a light dusting of cocoa powder. I prefer the Knize fwiw.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time trial of CM. Anyway, the jasmine did lay down and did not, as I feared, come to dominate the scent. Overall I like it. Haven't tried the Knize Ten yet, will do so soon.

Anybody tried PG's Cuir d'Iris?

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I like CM - smells a lot like Knize Ten but softer and with a light dusting of cocoa powder. I prefer the Knize fwiw.

Absolutely on the preference of Knize Ten. When I tried Cuir Mauresque I felt it was way to redundant to have that plus Knize Ten.

Last night - a shitload of Cuir de Russie EdT.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opus Oils Mother today. Perfect for the cold, wet day we're having, but I reckon I've over-applied it - I forgot it was an oil concentrate. I'm getting wood and rose with a bit of chocolate sweetness. Can't make out the fig that's supposed to be there.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pre-shower: Olene
SOTD: Bijou Romantique, of which I maybe applied just a little bit too much. :embar:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last night: put on three sprays of Chergui, what a lovely perfume. Is it a world-beater? No, but there's an elegance to it that draws you in if you have no prior history of reading reviews and you don't have certain expectations.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Byredo 1996 Inez & Vinoodh. I'm pretty sure this is one scent by Byredo that's gotten better reviews than any other. I'll be honest, though, I'm a little disappointed. It opens up very cold, with juniper and pepper. But shortly thereafter, the iris takes over. Specifically, it's the chocolatey facets of the iris that dominate. The texture is very grainy and dry, which is what I don't really like. As it develops, it becomes much sweeter and warmer, with a lot of amber in the base.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's sample is Bentley for Men Intense. I got a hit of incense on the opening and a more peppery scent soon after. That subsided after a couple of hours and it's developed into a creamy leather, with still a hint of underlying incense.

I have Bentley for Men. I wish I'd sprayed that on my other wrist, for comparison.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really enjoyed wearing Querelle today. Wasn't expecting much as the last 3 Vetivers I've sampled left me thinking vet may not be for me. This one restored faith, a bit. Nice vet+incense+ cinnamon+ oak moss combo.

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I wore L'Instant de Guerlain - it was foggy where I was today.

This evening: Coeur de Vetiver Sacre.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads