1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

& I am wearing Tilda Swinton

2 people like this.
  2. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Eau de Rochas today. I think this is the one marketed to women but it's similar to Eau Sauvage. A nice light citrus chypre.

Yesterday I wore a blend of Aromatic Elixir and Kiehl's Musk oil. They paired nicely.

3. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Suggestions for a Souther Hemisphere Winter, (if it arrives) have a couple looking to expand my rotation. Have TF Tuscan Leather, Penhaligons Sartorial and Aqua Di Palma Colina at present.

4. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

That's what I'm wearing today. Is it possible we're long lost best friends? (more so the golf comment, not that we smell similar)

I'm new to the frag game. I currently have 6 scents. Terre d'Hermes, Jimmy Choo, YSL l'homme, Gucci pour homme ii, John Varvatos, and D&G The One. Little nervous to drop 2 bills on a smell (Creed) but I've heard nothing but good things so...here's to 2016.

5. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Thats where samples come in handy. Places like Surrender to Chance and The Perfumed Court allow you to choose from an insane amount of choices and grab what ends up being a few wears of scents for usually under $10 each. Thats a great place to start and find out if you want to drop the serious money on full bottles.

6. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

If you're spending more than $200 on a Creed, you've got more money than common sense. Fragrancenet sells most of the popular Millisimes at a significant discount off retail. If you don't care about the bottle and packaging, you can pick up a Creed, even a Royal Exclusive, for even cheaper at Basenotes.

7. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

@Ambulance Chaser good point. All I've done is read reviews on Creed and before I click on something from Google it'll post prices. I haven't done any real price research on it. Just building my own base of scents first.

8. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

Lumière Noire pour moi aujourd'hui

9. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Friday of my week of tea fragrances was Tea For Two.

For the funeral I wore Bamboo Harmony. It might seem macabre, but the plush-lined black box combined with the elegant tea scent just seemed right.

Today: Yerbamate.

10. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

SOTD: Rive d'Ambre by Tom Ford. This is probably my least favorite of the Atelier d'Orient series, but I still enjoy it a lot. I just learned that Fleur de Chine has been discontinued, which is really a shame. I hope they don't discontinue Shanghai Lily.

SOTE: Honour Woman. I dry spicy white floral. It's also got some tartness that I guess must come from the rhubarb note. I'm a big fan of the Amouage feminines, but this one seems just so-so to me.

11. L'Incandescent

Frederic Malle Monsieur. Still not really feeling this one. It's a big, old-school patchouli scent.

12. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

13. TheShoeMaker

TheShoeMaker Well-Known Member

I think the acqua di parma colonia leather is so much better than TF tuscan. I tried them both today one on each wrist and acqua di parma has a more oily, intense concentrated feel to it. Much more niche parfume and not fashion brand.

1 person likes this.
  14. TheShoeMaker

Really? I think its one of the most amazing parfumes for men out there right now. Tried the geranium pour monsieur? It starts of very minty but once that settles it just got so good! Really nice business/day parfume since I like something with strong leather in the evening.

15. TheShoeMaker

I was sampling Amouroud this weekend as well! Can really recommend.

16. L'Incandescent

I'm guessing this is a response to me!

As regards Monsieur, I'm just not a fan of that super-refined, dry patchouli. And anyone who doesn't like that note is not going to like Monsieur because that's almost entirely what the scent is. I'm also not a big fan of Geranium pour Monsieur. In general, I don't enjoy scents with prominent clove notes. But I don't really like the minty opening either. I'm a big fan of the Malle lineup more generally, but those two don't do it for me.

17. TheShoeMaker

basenotes splits are still more expensive than my local store, I guess US prices are extremely high? Amazon sells Portrait of A Lady for 340 usd where my local store charges 140 usd...

18. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

errr, what?! where are you located? and are you sure you're comparing the same sizes?

19. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

So digging through my samples I came upon one that got buried away that I have not tried but smells real good. Amouage Beloved Man. Kinda reminds me of TF Oud wood. Anyone have their own comments on it? (other than price)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  20. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Today is Scent Intense. Much more of an amber scent than a tea scent really. CN reckons this is for women, but I think it is perfectly unisex.