1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

SL Fleurs d'Oranger today, as we tick back up into very hot weather. Like all SL, this one has great projection and longevity. It's one of the best orange blossom scents that I have, I think.

1 person likes this.
  2. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Imma wearin Yohji Homme.

3. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

CD Eau Sauvage Parfum today. This is not what I thought it would be. I was expecting a beefed-up version of the original, perfect for a hot summer's day. Instead I have some woody monster that is bringing tears to my eyes. I really don't like this, although I will give it another go in the depths of winter, in its natural habitat.

4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

5. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

My fav today, TF Bois Marocain. :)

1 person likes this.
  6. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

+1 to the Eau Sauvage Parfum. Was expecting something related to the original and instead got a take on their Privee Eau Noir more or less. A thick syrupy green cumin immortel woody scent. Not bad, but fairly monolithic and not so easy to wear IMO. At least they're doing mainstream releases as parfums. I never really liked DH but the parfum version (and hey ok the cologne too) are pretty solid. Plus I really like the bottles, not that it's either here or there.

SOTD is Michael Kors. I think this decant is the original version. I keep waffling on whether or not to get a full bottle of this one. I'm testing it against other fruity tobacco related scents. The longevity is pretty poor and there's something shrill and raspy about the tobacco but otherwise I really like it. Varvatos Vintage is one of the main competitors but I think I'll go for the Kors in the end. Now to try and find vintage, and at a good price. Dern.

7. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

New Years Day its 34c flat dry heat at present and off to the movies and then a recovery BBQ. Brought out the sample of Creed Tabarome Millesime I've had sitting their for a while. Uplifting citrus to begin with then ginger emerges mixed with more spice, which has a soft edge to it. Be interesting to see how it develops over the day.

Overall a bit of disappointment to be honest went limp and powdery after a couple of hours, nothing really to get excited about to be honest.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  8. L'Incandescent

Yesterday: Lyric Woman by Amouage
    Today: Remarkable People by ELDO

I will definitely be trying the new Hermann a Mes Cotes me Parassait une Ombre. Have any of you sampled it yet?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  9. justsayno

justsayno Senior member

Sotd is penhaligin's halfeti, didn't like it initially but the it smells a lot better after a couple of hours on the skin.

10. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Yesterday I wore Tam Dao EdT.
    Today I'm wearing Mitsouko parfum.

11. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

SOTD was Tom Ford Patchouli Absolu. Eh, decent... fairly thick and rich but just not all that interesting. My 10ml decant is more than I'd ever want. Maybe too much...

SOTE Le Labo The Noir and darn it if it doesn't remind me of Creed's SMW. Has this metalic watery black tea thing going on. Like Gucci Ph II without the powder/soap. Speaking of which I think I need to get a bottle of that, great smelling cheapie (well it used to be), plus I LOVE the bottle.

This Labo has had surprising longevity but I do find it's a little hollow and tinny. I prefer my black tea a la Tea for Two and the like. It's not bad, and I'm waffling on if I'd want a decant...

12. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today I wore just Mysore sandalwood oil.
    Tonight I'm wearing Dans Tes Bras.

13. L'Incandescent

I wore Shanghai Lily today.

14. haTTer

haTTer Senior member

I'm wearing Vetiver Veritas by Heeley

15. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today I'm wearing Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui.

16. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Amouage Interlude man now that cooler weather has set in.

17. haTTer

haTTer Senior member

Guerlain Vetiver Extreme

1 person likes this.
  18. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Today is the coldest day of the season so far, so I'm wearing an amber: Sonoma Scent Studio Winter Woods.

19. rossoz

rossoz Senior member

Yes, it is very cold here in the DC area. I played golf in shorts and short sleeves on Xmas day.

I am wearing Davidoff Cool Water, as usual.

Cheers,

20. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today I'm wearing Iris 39 - man, if you want something that PROJECTS and lasts all day, this is it. It's an amazing fragrance, but the iris is masked by the violet leaf and the patchouli, the latter of which is apparently at a higher concentration in this fragrance than it is in its namesake Patchouli 24. That's one thing that can be said about all of the Le Labos I've worn - they all are very, very tenacious. Definitely one of my favorite houses. Ylang 49, Santal 33, Labdanum 18, and The Noir 29 all deserve to be part of my collection.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016