1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Wore a sample of Plum Japonais for the first time today. Reminds me of a less harsh/little sweeter TF extreme. Interesting.

2. TMAdidas

TMAdidas Senior member

Wearing Aventus, and I feel pretty damn great every time I do. I know it's such a hyped fragrance that probably gets too much attention, but I just love this stuff. Might just end up wearing it tomorrow too.

3. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Cold rainy day here in San Francisco, so I wore 34 Boulevard St. Germain - this is really a remarkable fragrance in that there is a LOT of everything that is listed in it: rose, spices, woods, resins, fruits, etc. But it's not a cacophony, instead it is masterfully-blended as a kind of potpourri in a modern style - very comfortable and very relevant. I haven't worn this one in a long time, but when I do there is nothing else like it.

1 person likes this.
  4. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Here's a way to ruin Aventus - get a $4 vial of Ambrox from The Perfumer's Apprentice and smell it. After that you will smell very little (there will be of course some other components) else.

5. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Today I am wearing TF Venetian Bergamot. This totally reminds me of the late 90's Cool Water for women. I loved that smell but I dont think its quite for me.

In other news, I think I've landed the wifes xmas gift :)

6. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

you got her a plane?!

1 person likes this.
  7. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

My SOTD is TFPB Italian Cypress. Yes, it's derivative of Polo Green and Halston Z-14, but it's also really, really good. I always enjoy wearing it.

8. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I just got in a jug of IC and it's labelled Milan Exclusive, meaning it's actually part of the original release from when it came out I think back in 2009. It's been sealed and preserved and I just opened it and wow, I wouldn't say it was 'reformulated' but the version I have now is way richer and deeper than the new one. Maybe it's more dense, that's the better way to describe it.

9. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Haha, I wish. Totally getting her some Venetian Bergamot. You got any in decants?

10. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Amouage Lyric Woman. This is a lovely warm spicy rose.

11. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Me too.

12. L'Incandescent

Pre-shower: Ocean Rain. This, of course, is Roudnitska's last creation. I definitely appreciate the craftsmanship behind it more than I actually enjoy it. It's a sort of aquatic chypre with the trademark Roudnitska melon note.

SOTD: Sotto La Luna Tuberose by Andy Tauer. I enjoy this more than the Gardenia version, even though they are similar in many ways.

13. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Wore Le Labo The Noir 29 today. Asked for a sample of Rose 31 when I bought it and have been giving it another try over the past few weeks. Didn't like it at all when I first tried it about a year ago but now it's growing on me.

I'm sure this has been discussed to death but people who work in offices, how many sprays and where do you apply? I don't want to be that guy so I've been limiting myself to 1 or 2 sprays max, either chest or chest + neck.

14. California Dreamer

Spraying on your neck and wrists is more noticeable than on your chest, which really is only going to be smelled by you in an office situation.

For me it depends on the weather and the fragrance. When wearing an EdC in the hot weather, I'll go one spray to each wrist, the chest and the neck. In the colder weather, when I wear "heavier" scents, I might only go with the wrists, and maybe the chest. Anything that is really full-on, like Noir de Noir or Lyric Man, I eschew for office wear.

15. California Dreamer

Les Couvents des Minimes Lavender and Acacia cologne today. This has lasted quite well for an EdC, and is rather a pleasant if straightforward floral. That siad, I'm getting rid of my FB because the effing sprayer has jammed. I can't sell it, so I may just donate it.

16. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I've had a bottle of vintage Opium EdT for years now and only wore it once before. I just had it because it was cheap and iconic. However, today, since it's blustery rainy cold, I put some on and boy is it an amazing fragrance - androgynously feminine, powerful, and very complex. There's not many fragrances that are made like this anymore.

1 person likes this.
  17. L'Incandescent

Amber Flash by Tauerville. The most prominent note in this one, to my nose anyway, is labdanum. I like labdanum a lot, and so I'm a big fan of Amber Flash.

18. California Dreamer

Today is Mandarino di Amalfi. I've WTFed before at how TF can call this "mandarino" when it has no mandarin notes. It has a nice fresh citrus opening, but it's now a pretty close to the skin amber and musk. I wouldn't pay TF prices for this.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  19. L'Incandescent

SOTE is the infamous Kingdom.

20. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Do you own a bottle of that? I've smelled it once and liked it.

Today I'm wearing Tam Dao.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015