1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

Lots of good Leather Chypres this week. I'll join you with DIORLING (again), a leather chypre in the Bandit vibe. I was also thinking of doing Chanel CdR (thank'ee HORNS), but Diorling was in front in the wine cooler.

In other news, I'm excited that I found a good price on a vintage bottle of Diorama... Roudnitska's first Dior masterpiece. I'll report when I receive it... and it's a big bottle so I'm happy to share if anybody wants to send me an empty spray bottle to try. I'll be happy to trade for equal amounts of some of these new lovely ones you guys are spritzing and about which I know nothing.

This is also true of all of my scents. If anybody has empty spray bottles and wants to try... send them my way. Even with my reduced collection, I have too much juice and am happy to share.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    2 people like this.
  2. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today I'm wearing Bandit parfum. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. rach2jlc

And you, sir, stink WONDERFUL.

If you can't find Diorling, let me know. You'd love it. Imagine CdR and Bandit mixed with Chanel No5, with a drydown that punches you in the face.

4. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

5. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have a few drops left of Bandit but I find myself saving it for posterity, or at least until I buy some more. I do the same thing with my tiny bit of Biche dans l'absinthe. That one is gone forever though, so I'll just keep my tiny bit as a reference.

I'm wearing Aromatics Elixir today.

6. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Bandit reminds me of a cross between Cuir de Russie and No 19 - the birch tar of one and the intense galbanum of the latter, while having the creamy jasmine (tuberose?) of both.

7. rach2jlc

This is an apt review, IMHO. Add the dry rocky coldness of No5 and I think you have DIORLING.

8. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I am wearing MPG George Sand today. It's a wonderful, super-earthy patchouli. This was a limited edition--2004, I think--and so it's hard to find. I had to pay a fair bit for the bottle I got, but it was worth it.

9. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

This is a worthy limited edition fragrance, and I'm very fortunate to have a sample of it. It's a great cold weather fragrance.

10. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterranean EDT clean citrus aromas with a hint of complexity = summer in a bottle. Good seeing its currently 29c and its lasting.

11. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

What do you think of Kolnisch Juchten?

12. L'Incandescent

Leather isn't one of my favorite genres, but this is definitely among my favorite leathers. The opening strikes me as sort of fatty, smoky, and meaty, like breakfast sausages or something. I don't think I like that a lot. But within ten minutes or so it transitions into something I like better. It becomes a bit powdery and more floral.

13. rossoz

rossoz Senior member

SOTE: Gucci Guilty EDT It's OK........

Cheers

14. L'Incandescent

Speaking of Gucci, I wore L'Arte di Gucci as my pre-shower scent today. It's a feminine mossy rose chypre from 1991, and it definitely smells like it. (If I didn't know, I'd probably guess it came from the mid to late 1980s.) As with so many '80s and early '90s feminine floral chypres, it's much brighter and "younger" than the classics. There's a world of difference between L'Arte di Gucci and Guerlain Parure, for example, even though both are based on roughly the same idea. (Parure is from 1975).

15. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I get a rich orange-rind note in the first few hours of Kolnisch Juchten.

16. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today I'm wearing Amouage Jubilation XXV for men.

17. L'Incandescent

I am wearing one of the most popular fragrances in fragrancery: Coromandel by Chanel.

18. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Stinking effing hot on the weekend, making Geoffrey's 29C effort pathetic: 38C and 40C (it got up to 43.7C a little further away from the river). I wore Amouage Silver, both because of the weather, and for a very special occasion: we went to a 100th birthday party. Birthday cards from the Queen, the Prime Minister, and all. BIG party.

Today the weather is just a tad more civilised; back to the low 30s. I chose Acqua di Biella No 1. I guess this is a relatively undistinguished cologne, but I don't mind it as an alternative to something like AdP. I got a FB cheap at a sale, and it gets a regular outing.

19. L'Incandescent

SOTE is Vero Kiki edp. These Veros have really grown on me. I appreciated their artistry at first, but I'm coming more and more to actually enjoy them. Every once in a while I find myself craving them. Kiki is so strange: it's a very sharp lavender, but blended with a funky passionfruit and a sweet, round note that fragrantica tells me is caramel.

20. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I can't imagine anyone loving Vero's works at first sniff.

Today I'm wearing La Via del Profumo Mecca Balsam.