1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Id say Amouage Memoir Man is one you might find interesting. The notes dont do it real justice. Id call it "walking through and deciduous and pine forest at night".

2. Kempy

Kempy Member

SOTD is Comme Des Cargons - Wonderwood This reminds me of a milder Creed Spice & Wood, with worse projection. Can't speak to longevity yet.

@Ambulance Chaser Thank you very much for the recommendations I have them all in wishlists across decantshop and Surrender to Chance

3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Pre-shower: Rubj edp. I swear, I don't know how she sells anything! Those scents definitely take some getting used to. Rubj edp opens with a cumin bomb--I've literally never smelled a fragrance with more. It develops into a really indolic white floral complemented by a funky passion fruit. (I think passion fruit is a signature note for her; it shows up quite a lot and it's very distinctive.)

SOTD: Rive d'Ambre

4. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

SOTD is Frederic Malle Bigardee Concentree. Lovely orange scent that is reminiscent of Terre d'Hermes (by the same perfumer). I believe this scent is one of rach's favorites.

PSA: 20% off all orders over $100 with free shipping from MiN with code AUTUMNINNYC. Good through October 9.

1 person likes this.
  5. L'Incandescent

Jul et Mad Néa. A rich, fruity caramel scent.

6. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I purchased a bottle of a locally-designed (manufactured in France) fragrance in Vienna - Wiener Blut Palais Nizam eau de parfum, which is a leathery, woody masculine oriental. It is not too sweet, and the oak is the dominant component, which I really enjoy. The bottles are beautiful:

[​IMG].

I also purchased at the duty free Hermes the four-bottle travel pack of: Santal Massoia, Poivre Samarkand, Cuir d'Ange, and Osmanthe Yunnan. These fragrances are quite expensive for the 100 mL bottles, but there's really nothing out there like them.

2 people like this.
  7. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Those notes sound divine.

8. L'Incandescent

Moon Aoud is my SOTD of the day.

9. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Been traveling lately and took a fistful of decants with me. So I have tried Anubis, MdO Vetiver, Lys Med and today is Bamboo Harmony.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

10. L'Incandescent

I'm wearing L'Autre by Diptyque today. This has been one of my very favorites since I first tried it many years ago. It's like a Middle Eastern spice market plus minty geranium. It has a little bit of a BO vibe, but not as much as scents that feature lots of cumin.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  11. TMAdidas

TMAdidas Senior member

Spray of A*Men today, feels great to be wearing it again now that the weather is beginning to turn. Maybe Pure Malt tomorrow.

12. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

SOTD Slumberhouse Grev - a green honeyed anise blend, a bit like Eau Noir. Impressive juice but not my type of accords. Worth trying though.
    SOTE Slumberhouse Kere - boozy almond extract. Interesting gourmand, a little one dimensional.

13. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today, I wore Anat Fritz Classical - a beautiful and simple, thus elegant lavender and patchouli, but very heavy on the lavender. If anyone is familiar with Diptyque's Lavande candle, then you understand what this fragrance smells like.

This evening, I'm wearing Hermes Cuir d'Ange - this is a creamy leather, but not in the sweet suede way, but the leather is surrounded mainly by the heliotrope flower, which you can sense in Guerlain's L'Heure Bleu and Apres l'Ondee. It's indeed quite a "blue" scent, this heliotrope. There's a lot of white musk in Cuir d'Ange as well, which I'm pretty sensitive to, but I cannot ignore its beauty.

1 person likes this.
  14. L'Incandescent

SOTE is Nanban. As I've mentioned before, this is very, very good.

15. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I just looked at the notes for this and it looks like it has everything I like.

16. L'Incandescent

Amouage Lyric Woman for me today. I'm not sure if I like the masculine or the feminine Lyric better. Both are fantastic.

17. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

SOTD is TFPB Neroli Portofino, for summer's last gasp before the temps plummet. Longevity and projection are very good for an EDC-style scent.

18. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

LIDGE today. Ive missed this in summer (although I did sneak it in a few times). Long term forecast here looks to be much cooler.

19. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Vetiver Extraordinaire today; Heritage EDT yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

20. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today, I'm wearing Comme des Garcons Hinoki - a fresh, green evergreen scent. Sometimes it can be too sharp and linear, but on a day like this, with me having some sinus congestion, it's perfect.