1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Kempy

Kempy Member

Creed - Bois du Portugal first time wearing it, this stuff is great! I just got a bunch of decants from theperfumedcourt and in the process of trying them.all.

1 person likes this.
  2. rossoz

rossoz Senior member

SOTE: Chanel Bleu This is my favorite special occasion fragrance.

I am retired and the days of the week don't mean what they used to, but I still feel there is something special about Friday evening.

Cheers,

3. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Vero Rubj. Another "feminine" scent that I dont find overly feminine. With this I find dirty orange blossom best suits the description. I think Ill have to try this one more time before finalizing thoughts.

4. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Frapin 1697. For the last gasp of the cooler weather. In a week or so, I think it will be time to brea out the warm weather stuff exclusively.

5. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Chanel Egoiste today.

6. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

SOTD was Creed Millesime Imperial. Most overrated Creed in my opinion. Not a bad scent, but generic and short lasting.

Received my Basenotes split of Creed Spice & Wood today. Gonna wear this scent a lot in the coming months, starting tonight.

7. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Jul et Mad Nin-Shar. It's a rose and oud scent with a citrusy opening. This is my second time wearing it. I think I like it but don't love it.

8. California Dreamer

Costa Azzurra today. Too close to the skin, and too short-lived. At least for th eprice. Thanks to m-c for the sample, but I don't think I'd be going FB on this.

1 person likes this.
  9. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

I always loved the smell of costa azzura... but it would only last like an hour or two for me. Unfortunate.

10. Ambulance Chaser

I am going to the gym this afternoon, so something nice and inoffensive: Creed Erolfa.

PSA: The Perfumed Court is going through the alphabet and offering 35% off select brands that being with particular letters. Today through the end of tomorrow is G, H, and I. Am going to pick up some Guerlain and Histoires Des Parfums.

http://theperfumedcourt.com/

11. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I'm so happy you're exploring this line of fragrances - much like there are "geek" wines, like ones from Lebanon or from Mediterranean islands that have unconventional qualities which are a refreshing change to an experienced drinker, Vero Kern's creations could be labeled as "geek" perfumes. They are disconcerting at first, second, and third tries, but then you realize how amazing they are after a long consideration.

12. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

13. L'Incandescent

Pre-shower: Rien Intense Incense. This should probably be called Rien Intense Aldehyde.
    SOTD: Black Orchid Voile de Fleur. Probably my favorite in the Black Orchid series.

14. L'Incandescent

I decided to keep it consistent for my SOTE went with the regular Black Orchid. I will always have positive memories associated with this scent because my brother bought me a bottle for my birthday in 2009. He thought it was the worst smelling thing in history but he knew I liked it. (He also tried to buy me a bottle of Cologne Reloaded but he was unable to figure out how Bogue Profumo's website was supposed to work! He was like "what the hell does he not want to sell any of his product?")

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  15. California Dreamer

Creed Green Valley today. I think I've mentioned this before. It's a discontinued forerunner of GIT, pretty much. I like this better because of its minty opening, and also that it lasts better than almost any Creed that I've tried.

16. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Anyone tried the new Habit Rouge Dress Code? I know there are Habit Rouge fans here (myself included) and Ive heard it's even better than the original. More woody and spicy from what I have read.

17. Ambulance Chaser

SOTD is Creed Spice & Wood, Aventus' quieter, more mature older brother.

18. L'Incandescent

Pre-shower: Leonard de Leonard. This is a pleasant feminine floral chypre. It's interesting because you can tell right away that it's an '80s feminine, but the chypre structure is classic.
    SOTD: Shanghai Lily by Tom Ford.

19. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I recently tried Habit Rouge Dress Code and didn't particularly care for it. YYMV though. I prefer the original. It wasn't bad, and I only wore it once on the back of my hand so not a full impression.

+1 to Costa Azzurra. The scent actually grew on my quite a bit but for the price it's a pass IMO. At the $130 price point in a split, I mean, eh maybe, but certainly not at the $250 retail. Love the color of the bottle though.

++1 for Spice & Wood, I really love this one. If you like Aventus but everyone's already wearing it, try S&W

1 person likes this.
  20. L'Incandescent

SOTE is Fleurs d'Oranger. This is one of the best scents in the Serge Lutens lineup IMO. It's a lovely orange blossom (with other white floral notes too). What takes it to another level is the cumin, which is one of my favorite notes, and which is just amazing in combination with the thick, rich white florals.